OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Furthermore…is it normal that for some devices - when I set the Association group I can see “Thing saved successfully”…but when i come back later again no node is set…

this is not for the Fibaro ones I mentioned above but for examle for PAN11 Plugs.

I set it and see the “saved” popup, i do it several times…the device is active…but still it looks not saved if I return later to the same node? is completely unclear if still its set or its not saved at all…some devices than show a (X) but no text written…
@chris any idea if this is a setup problem of its saved but only shown wrong in this configuration?

looks like this…or simply even not the X…

I’m not really sure what you are getting at here. The reporting thresholds of a device should be set through the device configuration. It shouldn’t be impacted by this branch - just the configuration for the device.

Yes, I’m aware of this and will see if I can solve it while I’m looking at some stuff today…

I think that this is a problem with the widget that is used in HABmin so it’s not very easy to fix this. I probably need to find another widget to use :frowning:

My FGWP101 is reporting power and energy with the dev branch (and also before with the snapshot), so you may need to tweak your config settings:

2018-04-22 09:37:41.321 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FibWPlug1_E changed from NULL to 3.17
2018-04-22 09:37:42.061 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FibWPlug1_P changed from NULL to 1.6
2018-04-22 14:08:26.187 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FibWPlug1_P changed from 1.6 to 1.7
2018-04-22 14:38:25.188 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - FibWPlug1_P changed from 1.7 to 1.6

Hi @sihui,
from your timestamps it looks like the standard polling period as two values are exactly 30mins appart. What i once had in OH1.9 was that without polling the Fibaro Plugs did report immediately if the power level changed for xx%…worked great - some supplies turned on for 10secs and all these changes where tracked via zwave.
Since OH2 it does not work, several months ago i discussed this with @chris and from my understanding there is a principal difference in zwave1 binding and zwave2 binding which does not allow this behavior for Fibaro’s…only the brand new “alpha” code discussed in this threat. So i tried it out and nothing changed…Other plugs still do have this immediate reporting of power levels…
Cheers

btw, i also checked the immediate config for power levels but its the same as it was before (default values)

Really :wink: .

09:37:41.321 – 14:08:26.187

I’m happy to take a look at your init debug log to see what is happening if you think that’s the issue.

Just tested it again and … you are right! I barely take a look at those values, so did not notice :sunglasses:

Looks like, but it is not :sunglasses: 09:37 was an openHAB restart and the value got initialized through persistence (restore on startup). 14:08. and 14:38 are the polling values I guess.

It looks like @norbert_jordan is right, when I remove my transformer with (only) a load of 1.7 watts (some ESP8266 stuff) the FGWP101 power level does not change … unfortunately.

The only thing it can be is association configuration - anything else is in the device domain.

@sihui very helpful if you too see this behavior. Interesting that other wall plug nodes react like before in 1.9…e.g., if Solar Pump goes ON immediately the power level changes in the GUI, or if I turn something OFF immediately i see the 0W level. Same worked with Fibaro Wall Plugs in 1,9…but now with 2.x i only receive the polled values anymore…

Did change a lot in setting over time, like association group for sure, but also reduced the thresholds for immediate power level transfer to almost 1% but even if I go from Zero to whatever 100-500W, nothing is reported…@none of my overall 6 Fibaro’s.

@chris will try to read again how to make KARAF log zwave in more details and provide another log. would love to see Fibaro immediate reporting again as i once manged by rules to even see if someone is in the house if for example the hot water pump goes on for a few seconds…

@chris

I uploaded a DEBUG log for zwave, from what i’ve seen while “tail-ing” the Node 27 sends messages with Power Levels when I turn OFF monitor (some power level change) of this power plug. Can you please have a look, hope you can find something that helps us fix my lasting issue with Fibaro Wall Plugs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVcwrl1pLMGvBFN3qYQBr5M1JOi

Thanks. Unfortunately the log is not so useful. This doesn’t seem to be an initialisation log - can you get the log during the initialisation of the device. Delete the XML for this device, then restart the binding. Once the device is fully initialised, then get the log so that it’s not too long :wink:

There are a lot of strange errors in the log - command classes that are apparently received that I’m sure aren’t. The log doesn’t seem to have all the received data in it so I can’t tell what is happening - just a lot of strange log entries with no data. I’m guessing there is some sort of data corruption causing this.

Also, the log actually has no debug data - you need to enable debug logging with the log:set debug org.openhab.binding.zwave command.

hi @chris, i now did what you wrote above…stop openhab, removed “ALL” not just Node27 zwave xml. and again turned on DEBUG (the last one was DEBUG as well for zwave).

One Sidequestion…in zwave folder now i see different file naming, guess this has to do with the new design.(network_cf…).

As I see from the logs, my NODE 27 reports any change in POWER (like Notebook unplugged/plugged) to the logs, so its something not correctly forwarded within openhab i guess.
Please be so kind and check the new log. Thans a lot! Norbert

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVcwrl1pLMGvBJw6CXtmjyYdqaB

Sidequestion: if for “set” associations after returning - I do not see any entry and even no (X) like in the screenshot above…does this mean that still it could be set - but just not shown correctly in the GUI? Is there a place in the XML where i could check directly in the source to be sure…otherwise its guessing which i do not prefer. You could also see this from the logs, i tried for example several times for Node12 and Node9 to set Association, when returning, again its not seen in the GUI (so its empty).

Unfortunately the log file has no useful information. It doesn’t capture the initialisation at all - I guess it starts too late to capture this.

Yes - you can check the XML file - this should be correct.

hm, i now changed log to DEBUG, stopped OH2…removed the XML for Node 27…and started again OH2. Hope you find the initialization phase now. Thanks a lot, Norbert

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqVcwrl1pLMGvBJw6CXtmjyYdqaB

after reading that zwave is not secure per default I had a look on my devolo mt2653 keyfob which I’m using to open my door with danalock. paperui says its zwave_secure = false. after reading the manual of my keyfob (https://products.z-wavealliance.org/ProductManual/File?folder=&filename=Manuals/2134/MT2653_en.pdf) I tried to include it in secure mode. but openhab always tell my secure=false.

any idea? I’m doing sth wrong?

It’s a little hard to say if you’re doing something wrong… What are you actually doing? What binding version have you used, what settings in the coordinator, what are you doing to include it?

Thanks - this log looks ok. I will take a better look later but there are a couple of strange things in the log…

@chris I’m pressing all 4 buttons at the same time after its blinking green. then I press button 3 and 4 for some seconds to set it to factory reset. than pressing for 1 second the button 3 starts the inclusion mode (led is blinking red/green until I add the keyfob as thing via paperui). I also tried with button 1 as inclusion mode, but no difference.

in the german manual of the keyfob there is described that the keyfob automatically detects if the home automation system support secure mode. if so, secure mode would be the default one.

I’m using the latest zwave snapshot which was available on 21th april.

According to the date at the top of this thread, the latest is the 22nd April. Are you sure that you are using the version from here and not the master branch?

Yes I’m sure, otherwise danalock wouldn’t work. Danalock is recognized as secure =true

Ok, just making sure since your two statements were not consistent.

The other question I asked is what settings you have in the coordinator - there is a setting to configure which devices to use security with - is it set to all, or just locks?