OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Can you explain more the “coordinator”? I don’t know what you mean with that :confused:

Sorry - I meant controller, not coordinator…

ahh. its setup as “entry control device”.

is there a possibility (maybe in future) that I can setup the secure class in the thing conf instead of controller config? because I could imagine that a lot light switches could be run in secure mode which I dont want when I set it to all devices

No - it must be done in the controller.

This setting is about inclusion - inclusion is a controller setting. A secure device must complete secure inclusion within 10 seconds of it being included into the network so there is absolutely no practical chance that you will create the thing, change this configuration and get it updated before the inclusion is completed.

The log seems to show that the association for group 3 is being set -:

The SET here looks fine, and it’s the same as has always been used (ie it’s the “old” ASSOCIATION class rather than the “new” MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION class. The SET is acked, so I assume it’s set ok.

The GET request unfortunately uses the new command. The Standard states that these two classes should provide access to the same association groups, so in theory if the device complied with the standards, we should see node 3 in this list - not 0 nodes!

I’ve just fixed this so that it should now request the same command class type for the SET and the GET. I’ll do an update later and then we should take another look at the log to see if the group is being set correctly.

I have a feeling it won’t actually help your problem, but let’s see what it shows once we get the data back.

There might be something else at play that is interacting here - this whole area is quite messy as the ZWave standard has changed a few times, and different companies have implemented various different things (some compliant, some not!). It might be that just by using the MCA class, that it’s changing the mode of the device somehow…

ok I understand.

but does that mean that the controller config of inclusion mode affect just while pair new devices? so if the device is included, I could change the config of the controller again but the device config (like secure mode) will not change ?!

Yes - that’s correct. This only affects inclusion…

well, after setup the controller to “all devices”, it works now. but I had to restart the server that the controller accept the config change. before, the keyfob still got added as secure=false.

I restarted the whole hardware but I believe that only restart the openhab service would be enough. any idea how to change and take live the controller config without a restart?

Hi Norbert and Chris,

I actually also just migrated my zwave network from the 1.9 binding to the latest development binding (dated 22-04-2018) and ran into the same issue with the Fibaro plugs not reporting power changes immediately.
I had used the “meter_watts” channel. This did not work as expected. Then I have noticed that there is an additional channel “sensor_power” for the Fibaro plugs. This channel works as expected here - power changes are reported immediately :slight_smile:
Maybe you can give this a try as well…

Cheers,
Matt

@mstehle… thanks for the input. tried to change meter_watts to sensor_power but here nothing is sent at all…not a single value, not even after rebooting.

SORRY - my mistake, double “:” in the channel name…not it works. very nice. would never have checked this one but it seems to do exactly what once worked in 1.9. “jippie”.

@chris Any idea what this all means/why this only works with the sensor channel since 2.x binding?
Another question…where in the XML do I find the associations?

Looked here (below) but even if i change to a different NODE and press SAVE i still see 1??? strange

<associationGroups class="concurrent-hash-map">
<entry>
  <int>1</int>
  <associationGroup>
    <index>1</index>
    <associations>
      <associationMember>
        <node>1</node>
      </associationMember>
    </associations>
  </associationGroup>
</entry>

You seem to show it in your mail :confused: .

You can’t edit the XML - it will not result in any change to the device.

i have installed the development binding of 2018-04-24.
1st i have delete a fibaro FGR222 for rollershutter and add it again. it works fine.
then i have try to delete and add a fibaro fgs223 double switch. when i try to add
the fgs223 it is always shown as unknown device in the inbox.

is this device not in the database of development version?
what can i do to solve this problem?

then i have try to delete and add a fibaro fgs223 double switch. when i try to add

the fgs223 it is always shown as unknown device in the inbox.

is this device not in the database of development version?

In general, the development version should be exactly the same as the master version. It’s always possible a device might get lost while copying between the database and the repository, but it’s uncommon so I doubt there is an issue.

what can i do to solve this problem?

What exactly are the device type/id of your device? Without knowing this it’s not so easy to check if it’s in the database.

after changing the zwave controller config in habmin, I again have the problem that some fibaro devices doesnt change the state when using hardware switch. experience mentioned especially in post 17 in Problems with states/events

so for now I feel that my zwave uzb1 or the zwave binding make some trouble. I didnt test it but I think when I exclude all devices and reinclude them again, that the issue failed updating states is gone…

Nice catch, works for me too, thx :+1:

So this indicates that the problem is not with the association configuration, but either with the database (ie channel configuration) or the device setting.

Based on what I saw in the log from @norbert_jordan this would make sense as the command being used to set the associations is the standard association command that has always been used. It would be interesting to see what the difference in the channel configuration is (@sihui - any chance you could take a look to see if things look ok?).

We have two channels regarding power consumption configured in the database, one multilevel sensor_power which reports state changes immediately and one meter_watts which reports state changes after polling.
This is for the FGWP101 which I have.
For the newer ones (FGWP102 1+2) it looks the same, both channels are configured.
For the US version it’s different, no sensor_power channel configured.

So I just installed the April 2018 Z-Wave binding, coming from the 2.3.0 snapshot installed through Paper UI. My new garage door opener is working thanks to the security classes!! However after installing the new binding a couple of my nodes that were previously being recognized as FirstAlert smoke detectors are now showing up as generic Unknown Device. This also happened for a couple of switches, but I had already written the item configs, and they are still fully operational. I had not gotten around yet to messing with the smoke detectors because I just installed them last weekend. If they were already in the database from the 2.3.0 snapshot installed through PaperUI then shouldn’t they still be in the database in this new manually installed binding installed from the link at the top?

Yes, the database is the same between versions. Probably you need to wake up the devices so they can be discovered again.

Oh, thanks they are battery operated (my first time using battery operated z-wave devices) so I’m sure you are right. I don’t mind waiting, surely they’ll wake up on their own.