OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Thanks - reported and accepted as a bug.

Another happy customer with a Kwikset 910 door lock and a Inovelli plug, just wanted to say thanks to @chris for all his work on this binding, worked pretty much out of the box :+1:.

Along the way I created a node-red / homebridge flow to use the lock from the phone and watch (last I heard no support for those homekit things in OH2 yet). Pretty nice to walk up to the house and unlock the door with your watch. If someone wants that flow, I can make that available. From what I was able to figure out is that the NRED HK node requires ā€œCurrentPositionā€ and ā€œTargetPositionā€ as payload items, on each ā€œ0ā€ means locked and ā€œ100ā€ means open, a difference between target and current yields in transition states (ā€œClosingā€, Opening").

One thing I was curious about is that the initial state of the lock is ā€œ{ā€œtypeā€:ā€œ0ā€,ā€œvalueā€:ā€œ0ā€}ā€, I also see what appears to be spurious state updates with the same values:

2018-05-16 01:11:07.413 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - DoorLockStatusRaw changed from {"type":"21","value":"1"} to {"type":"0","value":"0"}

Since this state value isnā€™t documented in the ā€œ914TRL Touchpad Electronic Deadboltā€ docu, I was wondering if this should be ignored or what it really means.

Thanks,
-Th

@chris do you know if the new security s2 layer is backward compatible? So can I include s2 devices to openhab (if they would be in the database available)?

No - S2 is a new protocol so not directly backward compatible.

However most (all!) devices will also implement S0, so there should be no problems. S2 is only very recently become a requirement for new devices (about 6 months ago from memory).

So the bottom line is that you will be able to use any device that supports S0, and that should be all devices that support S2 - at least for a long time to come.

However, using the latest binding I still cannot see the new parameter

Did it get lost somewhere?

@chris, what do you need to add new devices to the database? I received a new Technisat TechniHome RM1 smoke detector and a Technisat TechniHome Z2 power plug but as I already knew, its not in the database.

in the internet there is not really a good information, especially not in englisch (just this simple thing in german: https://www.technisat.com/de_DE/Technisches+Datenblatt/352-775/?product=9617&createpdf)

is there a way I can support you for that? or do you need the device yourself?

Please see the database guide. The system allows basically anyone to add devices - it starts by uploading the XML file that OH generates which creates the majority of information from the device. You then need to manually add parameter information as that is not downloadable from the device.

Ok I will read me into this.

Just one question: how do I know the parameters if Iā€™m not able to get them from the device? How would you procedure with it? Contact manufacture?

First thing would be to check the manual that you hopefully got with the device. I guess the second step would be checking the manufacturers home page. And if that turned out blank Iā€™d try googling it. Contacting the manufacturer might be the next step after that :wink:

Yes - normally itā€™s in the manufacturers user manual. For ZW+ devices, they are also meant to be added to the ZWA website, but I know from the manufacturers that this is often not reliable.

@DanielMalmgren already did thisā€¦ at least ~20 minutes. Iā€™ll do some more research later but dont have much hope.

I also contacted the manufacture now. Lets see what they write

Hi @chris

I tried to update to the version from May 19th and changed openhab to 2.3 build #1238. I copied the .jar from the first post into the addons folder and receive this error:

2018-05-21 20:03:07.719 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [229]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

2018-05-21 20:03:07.724 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [229]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) [?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) [?:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [9:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

==> /log/openhab2/zwave.log <==

21-Mai-2018 20:03:07.696 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.zwave                         ] - BundleEvent INSTALLED - org.openhab.binding.zwave

Although the last line says ā€œbundlEvent INSTALLEDā€ I do not see the ZWave binding nor any Z-Wave thing.

any hints?
Herbert

Hi guys,
Iā€™ve been trying to get connect my August lock pro for a while now and I never been able to get it to work.
I followed all the instructions I found in this thread. Iā€™m using April 23th version of the 2.3 binding, Used Habmin to pair the lock and I always get ā€œUnknown deviceā€.
At this point Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m doing something wrong during the pairing process or if there is an error in the database lock definition.

Anyone able to get an August lock connected properly?

Thanks!

the device seems to be in the database which means, that it normally should work: http://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/743

You may have missed post no. 11: :rofl:

1 Like

The gnu.io bundle is the serial bundle - probably it means that the serial feature isnā€™t installed?

1 Like

Yes It is in the database. Iā€™m wondering if there could be anything wrong with the definition though, as it still shows as Unknown device. Is there something I can try to check if itā€™s a pairing issue or a DB issue?

What are the device ID and type that are reported in the device properties for your device?

Here are the properties of the device:

zwave_class_basic BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL
zwave_frequent true
zwave_neighbours 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10
zwave_version 1.56
zwave_listening false
zwave_plus_devicetype NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_deviceid 1
zwave_nodeid 32
zwave_lastheal 2018-05-22T06:25:21Z
zwave_routing true
zwave_plus_roletype ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_SLEEPING_LISTENING
zwave_beaming true
zwave_secure true
zwave_class_specific SPECIFIC_TYPE_SECURE_KEYPAD_DOOR_LOCK
zwave_manufacturer 831
zwave_devicetype 1

Thanks. I suspect that this device is not in the database.

What model is it? The only August lock that is in the database is the ASL-03. Your device has different IDs to the ones in the database - it might just be that we have to add your devices info to this database entry, or if your lock is different, then weā€™ll need to create a new entry.