OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

If you have hard reset, then yes - it’s game over and you need to start a new game :slight_smile: . The controller will be reset to factory default - you will have to re-include all devices again - I don’t think there’s any way around it other than to go through each device one by one.

Good thing there’s a weekend coming :slight_smile: .

Yeah… Thought as much…

There really should be a different place for Hard Reset. It is dangerously close to Exclude Devices…

Thanks for your reply Chris

Another problem…

Deleted all things using “smarthome:things remove zwave:device:RaZberry:node*” in Karaf
Deleted all network_XXX_node*.xml
Restarted ZWave 20180707 bundle

Started adding a device, why is it not starting at 0?

First device I added got this ID: Z-Wave Node 103
Did it not reset completely?

Edit:
It’s not only the “Thing naming”, even the logs states NODE 103 as well…
Getting dangerously close to 255 if I am to re-include them all again

2018-07-13 16:21:40.424 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 103: MANUFACTURER not set
2018-07-13 16:21:40.435 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 103: Controller status changed to ONLINE.
2018-07-13 16:21:40.438 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 103: Controller is ONLINE. Starting device initialisation.
2018-07-13 16:21:40.444 [DEBUG] [ve.internal.protocol.ZWaveController] - Event listener added.
2018-07-13 16:21:40.447 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 103: Initialising Thing Node...
2018-07-13 16:21:40.451 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 103: Polling intialised at 1800 seconds - start in 1065600 milliseconds.
2018-07-13 16:21:40.454 [DEBUG] [ding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler] - NODE 103: Device initialisation complete.

It should start at 2 - node 0 doesn’t exist - 1 is the first node but this nearly always taken by the controller…

Yes - you might be lucky and it might not have hard reset :slight_smile:

I empathized with you! At least your network will be nice and clean! I suggest looking into your item files (if you use them), or the /userdata/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json file to get your node numbers for your devices, and include them in the same order… or you will be editing all of the items with the new nodes. You should be able to use the same network name when creating the controller Thing, so you might get through it without having to modify any files.

If you’re using an Aeon Labs gen 5 zstick, there is a backup tool that could restore your network, if you had a backup. :frowning_face: I use it with my HUSBZB-1, so it might work with other types of controllers too.

Hi All

Every since running the latest zwave binding this new device turns up. I have a Aeon zstick, and one as you can see if offline.

Should both be online? It appears something is wrong as the dimmers are offline also (persumably because the wrong controller is in use?)

thankyou

Yes - you should use the correct controller and I guess it will work.

Why do two come up? Ive only got one.

A new feature was added to ESH, and then the binding to detect devices on USB. Since you added the controller manually, it is detected again. Just ignore it and use the correct controller - or delete the old controller and use the new one.

1 Like

Thankyou Chris.

It seems alot has changed as all my devices have lost their linkages…There used to be a very long number and then the node number, now its just - zwave:device:512:node5

Chris, do you see any drawback to me using Z-Way server to include all devices instead of Habmin? I will just have to make sure to use the same Network Key.

sorry, not sure what you mean by attaching to the log ticket. The full zwave log is here - the troublesome node is node 29. It’s a wired FGS222 double relay, close to multiple nodes and so it really shouldn’t be offline… but it is!

Dan

This comes from the controller - so it depends on the UID that you gave the controller. In this case, it seems you set it to 512?

No - this should be fine so long as you transfer the network key correctly. Otherwise secure devices won’t work securely.

What is node 23?

Cool - may the force be with me.:sweat_smile:

it’s an Aeon Labs ZW096 Smart Switch 6 - wired, of course. Seems to be behaving…

Is there an association configured between these devices? The binding is trying to set a route between them…

how weird - that’s the coffee grinder and the entryphone, so would make a pretty peculiar bit of automation.

I’ve used habmin to set the associations to the zwave controller only - I’ll see if that makes a difference

thanks,

Dan

doesn’t seem to help. here’s another log. This time I have offline nodes 17 and 39 (smart switches), 29 (double relay), 4, 30, 31 and 36 (heatit thermostats) and 55 (binary sensor).

I don’t suppose you could post a link to a version of the binding from before you changed the offline logic?