OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

My bad, yes this is new log from today.

It looks to be the same as the new binding -:

Ok, then I donā€™t know why it works with 2.2 and doesnā€™t with 2.3. I am gonna do one more test, Iā€™ll setup new OH 2.3 and try, if it doesnā€™t work Iā€™ll give up. My options will be 1. replace dimmers 2. go back to 2.2 and donā€™t use security features and lock. 3. Test HomeAssistant (less likely).

I thought that this log was from 2.2? You said -:

But this log shows that the same issue exists in 2.2. This isnā€™t really a surprise since itā€™s what everyone else has seen.

Correct this log from 2.2. And using 2.2 I get immediate updates from dimmers. So may be that ā€œbusyā€ issue is not issue, could be something else.

Ok, I think I know what the issue is. In the old binding, command classes were added if a command was received and the class wasnā€™t known. In the new binding, that was changed to avoid issues with corrupt data generating incorrect classes.

These devices are not reporting that they support a certain command class, and this means that there is no repoll.

@5iver I may reconsider this issue and add unknown classes as that change is causing quite a few problemsā€¦ :frowning:

@r27 an you remind me again what these two devices are and Iā€™ll update the database.

Ok, I this proves that I am not crazy :slight_smile: I donā€™t know how it works for @5iver, but I just setup fresh new OH, used Zwave 2.4 add-on that he shared with me. Node was initialized but updates donā€™t work.
We are talking about DZMX1-1LZ devices. *both devices DZMX1-1LZ

Ok, please try the latest version.

many thanks for this. Small bug - when starting up I get:

2018-07-22 13:20:58.063 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'zwave:serial_zstick:512' to inbox. 

when I already have a zstick Thing. Otherwise working fine (so far!)

From first post ?

This is a ā€œfeatureā€ of the new USB search feature - not so much I can do about this at the moment, but itā€™s not new eitherā€¦

Yes.

@chris
Good news - initializing works now. I deleted and added thing back and can control it.
Bad news - still no ON/OFF updates from device. I see updates if I adjust brightness manually (pushing buttons on actual switch).

Please provide the log showing the device initialisation and the manual state update.

https://anonfile.com/a1V4x1fcba/openhab.log

Steps: deleted thing (node6)> enabled debug > shutdown OH > clean logs> start OH > add thing (node6) > turn on/off using UI > physical ON/OFF > physical brightness > shutdown OH .

Do you think it is possible the APP BUSY could be due to the device being busy routing? I canā€™t think of anything else the device would be doing that would make it too busy to reply.

Are there retries after getting this ack (or was that the 175ms poll period)? Putting my data into a pivot table, it looks like the devices will stay busy for up to 30s! I do now see some periodic patterns that I didnā€™t see with my naked eyes. Most seem to clear up in April. Maybe the polling randomization went in at that time? Or more likely, the retriesā€¦ There are still some recent ones. Hereā€™s the biggest exampleā€¦

31 2018-07-07 07:01:42 PM
2018-07-08 07:00:33 AM
04:43:03 PM
2018-07-09 02:43:06 AM
03:43:08 AM
04:43:10 AM
06:13:22 AM
09:13:24 AM
11:13:26 AM
04:13:29 PM
07:43:31 PM
07:43:33 PM
07:43:35 PM
08:43:39 PM

The poll times of my devices should all be set to 2 days, but there seems to be an hourly pattern. No big ideas yetā€¦ still processing. I never noticed an issue caused by this though.

Yeahā€¦ I wince a little every time I see them come up. Which command class is this device not reporting, and how could mine be working? I know I deleted the XMLs a few timesā€¦ but maybe that was during the initialization issue.

Please try a reinitialisation as the device has not reinitialised (at least not in this log) - probably because it restored from existing data file. If the device hasnā€™t reinitialised, then it wonā€™t add the required command class.

Not really. Routing is not a time consuming task - it just needs to send a single message. Routing is as simple as receive a message, check the routing information in that message, and send it again. I donā€™t think itā€™s going to break that process up by receiving another message, let alone sending a busy response.

Not if the device responds that itā€™s busy.

Iā€™m not sure I understand what this is showing - is this a list of times the device is reporting busy?

The binding logs when itā€™s polling (search for ā€œPollingā€¦ā€ I think). Should be easy to see if this is related to polling or something elseā€¦

Itā€™s APPLICATION_STATUS - I donā€™t know why yours is working. Maybe itā€™s just ā€œless busyā€ :smile: . The issue only exists if the device reports that itā€™s busy - without this CC, it wonā€™t do the retry.

@chris
YOU ARE GENIUS! SUCCESS! I did manual reinitialize using Habmin and now everything works. There is delay, but I donā€™t care :slight_smile: It works! Thank you

After 2 days of troubleshooting

ā€œIn the old binding, command classes were added if a command was received and the class wasnā€™t known. In the new binding, that was changed to avoid issues with corrupt data generating incorrect classesā€