OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

As a quick local work around I have changed to versionMax and versionMin in fibaro_fgsd002_00_000 and fgsd002_3_2.xml so that version 3.3 will use the original file. Then it works.

I would like to know if anybody has tried to add a fgsd002 version 3.3 with the latest development version (24th of July).

Please provide the XML file for your device - or some information on it. From a quick look at the database, I donā€™t see anything obviously wrong with the database that would cause this, and my suspicion is itā€™s something specific to your system with respect to the change in thing uid.

These files are taken from the current org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (24th July)

fgsd002_3_2.xml (16.9 KB) Not working

fgsd002_0_0.xml (15.5 KB) Working

By the way, is org.openhab.binding.zwave-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar (24th July) now build of the master branch? I guess it must be because the change adding fgsd002_3_2.xml has not been committed to the developement branch.

Iā€™m seeing this, but with some WALLC-S switches - running OH #1318 and zwave binding 2.4.0.201807242215.
I think these also got updated recently in the zwave database.
Here is the xml file:
network_f1e8718f__node_29.xml (14.2 KB)

EDIT:
Found some warning message in the log:

19:33:38.645 [WARN ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Cannot create thing. No binding found that supports creating a thing of type zwave:zwaveme_wallcs_00_000.

Nope, three month ago:

https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/145

These files are generated by the database - I can easily get them directly from the database, and I did a comparison on them earlier.

What I was after is the XML that OH generated for your device.

If its the xml file in the zwave folder you want, then its not generated.

Hereā€™s the DiscoveryResult:

org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryResult.json (1.1 KB)

any changes with the Fibaro Door/Window Sensor 2 (FGDW-002) ?
I actually try the DevBinding 2.4.0 from 24th July - The Sensor give me a:

2018-07-26 21:38:41.464 [WARN ] [wave.discovery.ZWaveDiscoveryService] - NODE 4: Device discovery could not resolve to a thingType! Manufacturer data not known.

ā€¦ now with 2.4.0 - Manufactrer data not known ?! ā€¦ hmā€¦

This means that the binding hasnā€™t downloaded the manufacturer data from the device. You need to wake it up so it can initialise, or wait for it to wake up by itself (may take a few hours or a day or so - depending on how your system is configured).

okay - IĀ“ll try. The FGDW-002 are battery powered, so this can be a reason.
Now with the 2.4.0 dev. binding - my zwave USB Stick are new named : ā€œZWave Plus USB Dongleā€.
Is that correct ?

You donā€™t need to change the stick name - you can just ignore the autodetected version. Itā€™s up to you.

1 Like

thanks a lot !

Even stranger - you mean it creates the XML if you change the version in the XML, and it doesnā€™t otherwise? Except in special cases, the thing definition in the database will not impact the protocol layers.

You need to find out why itā€™s not creating the XML - use the debug logs.

okay, I wake up the device many times ā€¦ no success.
You know this : (I get this every time I click on an thing in habmin)

2018-07-26 22:31:30.615 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

This is a bug in ESH - it was fixed a month or two back - please ensure you have the latest runtime.

thx. I will search how to update this. :+1:

You just need to use the latest snapshot of openhab. I forget if this issue was fixed in 2.3 or if you need 2.4. Iā€™ll see if I can find the PR.

1 Like

iĀ“m using 2.3 - so as you said this must be fixed with 2.4

Itā€™s this PR -:

1 Like

Yes if I change the versionMax and versionMin in the two definition files so the original will be used, then it works just fine.

As mentioned earlier, I dont get anything in the logs even if I set debug log level on zwave. Is there anything else I need to set log level on?