OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

@mhilbush: what’s the version of your FGMS001 ? Mine is 2.7.
I tried to change the pattern for the luminance item to match yours. But the value was not yet updated since my restart.

@chris : are you sing QuantityType for the luminance ?

No - there are only 2 units possible (if “units” is the right term). The sensor can either report in percent, or in lux - currently the binding passes the value directly through to the system.

I can easily add QuantityType, and that’s fine if it’s lux, but if it’s percent, I’m not sure it can be converted as it’s not a “unit”. I guess I could return QuantityType if the sensor is returning lux, and a normal DecimalType, or something unitless if it’s not.

I’m open to suggestions though…

I finally got a battery level. Temperature is retrieved too.

For the luminance, how can I know if the value is in percent or in lux ? Why is my value so small ? The biggest value I was able to get is 2 !

Not so easily I guess - what does the debug log show? I think it should show the scale - 0 is percent, 1 is lux.

Either way though, 2 is a low value so maybe there’s something else wrong…

Both of mine are running firmware v3.2.

I don’t see anywhere to set the unit for luminance. Mine only seem to report in lux.

I hope this isn’t a stupid suggestion, but why not just put it under a lamp and see if it shows a value above 100?

Wouldn’t it be somewhat confusing to measure luminance in percent? What would 100% luminance actually mean? :thinking:

I guess it would mean 100% of the highest value that the sensor is able to read… The light sensor I’m using (Aeon DSB05) measures up to 1000 lux, so I guess I could as well divide the reading by 10 and call it percent. But I have to admit lux makes more sense :sunglasses:

I’ve been using various FGMS for ages, and they have only ever been delivering values in lux. Manual also say lux. @lolodomo you possibly need to reset your device.

Finally, my value increased this morning until 106. So that is a value in lux.

2018-08-21 01:24:17.035 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from NULL to 2
2018-08-21 08:11:45.170 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 2 to 45
2018-08-21 08:36:13.886 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 45 to 73
2018-08-21 08:36:33.563 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 73 to 74
2018-08-21 08:37:17.351 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 74 to 75
2018-08-21 08:38:05.503 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 75 to 76
2018-08-21 08:39:02.418 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 76 to 77
2018-08-21 09:15:34.159 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Luminosite2Salon changed from 77 to 106

So the binding is very probably working as expected.
What I don’t understand is why I got 4 increases of 1 lux in 4 minutes while my parameter 40 Illumination Report Theshold is set to 25. My understanding of this setting is that I should get a new value only when there is at least 25 lux between 2 measures.

It is strange that yesterday during evening the luminance was not increased when I switched lights on and off.

I actually think that setting is in percent, so a setting of 25 should mean that it should report if the value changes with more than 25 percent from the last reported value (at least that’s how it works in other devices I’ve been fiddling with). Not that it makes much difference in this case, a change from 75 to 76 lux shouldn’t have been reported anyway… You sure the setting really has been saved?

I will monitor the value today. When the sensor was connected to my Vera, I can see in the last days that the value increased until 1231 for example.

Regarding the setting 40, the default value is 200 so it cannot be a %.
Yes I think the setting has been saved. I see nothing in HABmin that could let me think it was not.

I’ve just updated the binding to report luminance with QuantityType (Lux or Percent) - let me know how this looks.

I downloaded and installed the version from the first message around 10:00, so probably just before your change.

It was updated at 10:09 CET…

Version I am running: 2.4.0.201808200952

That’s from yesterday…

Agree. Lumiance is a static number, not a percent or anything else.

This is not really an issue for discussion here though - there’s nothing I can do about this as it’s defined by ZWave standards…

My second FGMS 001 has firmware 2.6/
I can see that firmware 2.8 fixed problem with too many reports from lux meter. So I should probably try to update the firmware.