OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

It’s the exact same error as was reported by @Lolodomo and me just a few posts above, so I guess we ought to try this as well. What folders are that? /var/lib/openhab2/tmp and /var/lib/openhab2/cache?

Yes. But don’t delete the folders, just the content. :grinning:
Also note that you maybe have to reinstall the serial transport through karaf again.

As I suspect this will affect other stuff than just this binding, do I need to stop entire OH first?

Yes.

That’s how I did it so it can’t be completely wrong :rofl:

The one in the top of the thread. Download yesterday. I believe it said from the 18th of August.

I did:

1. Uninstalled the stable 2.3.0 binding.
    (after this all my Things as well as the controller went offline ofcouse)

2. Copied the development binding to my addons folder.
    (after this, all my Things were rediscovered in PaperUI, but had new names, including my controller. My battery devices were discovered as Unknown, untill I woke them up, then they were discovered fine again).

3. Changed my items files (channels) according to newly discovered controller.
    (this means that the exact same channels should be working again, just as they did before updating the binding).

4. Everything is working, except for my two Zwave PIRs (battery). The binary channel is triggering fine, but the Alarm channel does NOT trigger anymore.

5. I even tried rebooting my Rpi. No success for the Alarm triggering.

I wonder if this is due to the devices not beeing secure included. It would make somekind of sense to me, since it´s the Alarm channels not working, but the Binary channel working fine?
My AeoTec Multisensor 6 has Binary and Alarm channels as well. Both are working fine on this device. But it´s USB powered and not running battery.
My Vision ZG8101 (garageport sensor) has an Binary and Alarm channel as well. It seems like both are triggering fine on this device. It´s a battery device.

So I really got no idea any more, why my two zwave PIRs wont trigger the Alarm channel. When other channels on the same devices are working just fine.

I haven’t followed this issue fully, but alarm channels will still work fine when a device is not securely included - the two are not linked.

What are these devices?

Any chance of a recompile to catch the database change from yesterday? Testing a new secure keypad (Popp Keypad)

Vision ZP3102 Motion/Temperature Sensor

manufacturerId 0109
manufacturerRef 2002:0205

Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor PIR Motion Sensor, from Shenzhen Neo Electronics Co., Ltd.

manufacturerId 0258
manufacturerRef 0003:0083,0003:008D,0003:1083,0003:108D

This Neo Coolcam device is beeing discovered with a Temperature sensor as well as a Lumiance sensor, but the device does not have a temperature sensor. I believe this is due to an error in the database, because of some mix up of two different devices called Neo Coolcam from Shenzhen.

Ok - I’ll look at this shortly…

Here is your problem: when switching from snapshot to development you definitely need to delete your things.

Thanks Chris!!

What version is yours? There are two versions of this device -:

I did…
All Things were re-discovered with new names, which basicly means, they are new Things to OpenHab.
All the old Things were offline, so I had to remove them from BasicUI using forced remove.

This is the properties, taken from PaperUI:
I´m a bit unsure, if this info is taken directly from the device itself, or from the database. If it´s from the database, I have no idea how to tell which version I´ve got. But since it has an temperature sensor, I believe it´s vesion 8.0.

|zwave_class_basic|BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE|
|---|---|
|zwave_class_generic|GENERIC_TYPE_SENSOR_NOTIFICATION|
|zwave_neighbours||
|zwave_lastwakeup|2018-08-23T09:27:37Z|
|modelId|ZP3102|
|zwave_version|8.2|
|zwave_plus_devicetype|NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE|
|versionMin|8.0|
|vendor|Vision Security|
|defaultAssociations|1|
|zwave_routing|true|
|zwave_beaming|true|
|zwave_secure|false|
|zwave_class_specific|SPECIFIC_TYPE_NOTIFICATION_SENSOR|
|zwave_devicetype|8194|
|zwave_frequent|false|
|zwave_listening|false|
|manufacturerId|0109|
|manufacturerRef|2002:0205|
|dbReference|437|
|zwave_deviceid|517|
|zwave_nodeid|10|
|zwave_lastheal|2018-08-22T20:57:07Z|
|zwave_plus_roletype|ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_SLEEPING_REPORTING|
|zwave_manufacturer|265|

It’s a combination of both…

Most come from the device (all the stuff starting with zwave_ comes from the binding and is mostly read directly from the device). The version is 8.2, and you can also see the dbReference which comes from the database and makes it database entry 437.

Will try your suggestion. I have two questions:

1. Why did this occur? removing the files is not removing the root cause is it?
  2. Shouldn’t the binding or esh log a proper warning that something is wrong instead of a IllegalMonitorStateException?

Search the forum for “cache and tmp” and you will find hundreds of posts regarding similar problems where the root cause has never been found.
If your browser does not work you sometimes also have to delete the cache, did you ever think why? (I don’t)

It should if some of the maintainers would have the time to implement it. Maybe you should search for any ongoing work in the Eclipse Smart Home forum :rofl:

I believe it´s 8.0
I read in the manual, that the alarm wont trigger, is there is no associations set. But I did set it to ´Controller´.

Same applies for the Neo Coolcam PIR, (note however, It has 4 groups. In a desperate try, I put controller into all of them).

As I said earlier - it’s 8.2…

Correct, and the database entry applies to all above 8.0 :wink:

I would suspect it would work just fine then.