OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

You get used to it. It is like you are programmed or something. If it ever changes from that, it is instant panic.

@chris : you mean I can already download a new version with the fix from the first post ? If true, your reactivity is absolutely impressive.

1 Like

Yes - it’s already available (please let me know if it’s fixed :slight_smile: ).

You can disable the LED…

Yes, all of us around here are very lucky to have someone like @chris working on this binding. :wink:

3 Likes

@chris: the erros have disappeared.
But new exceptions have appeared:

2018-08-23 19:35:26.178 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred during notification about bridge status change on thing 'zwave:fibaro_fgd211_00_000:controller:node5': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.bridgeStatusChanged(ZWaveThingHandler.java:471) [218:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808231608]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$4.run(ThingManager.java:845) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201808211930]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
2018-08-23 19:35:26.181 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred during notification about bridge status change on thing 'zwave:everspring_st814_00_000:controller:node4': null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at org.openhab.binding.zwave.handler.ZWaveThingHandler.bridgeStatusChanged(ZWaveThingHandler.java:471) [218:org.openhab.binding.zwave:2.4.0.201808231608]
        at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$4.run(ThingManager.java:845) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.201808211930]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]

This leads to OFFLINE things.

I can’t really see how this can be related to the earlier change (or really, even the binding). The previous change simply set an integer to a non-zero value to avoid the NODE 0 error. This appears to be a completely different thing, and seems to indicate that some node doesn’t have a bridge set. (ie getBridge() is probably returning null).

Has anything else changed anywhere at the same time? If not, please provide a full log and I’ll have a look, but I really don’t know how this can be a binding issue just from what I’ve seen here :confused:.

Nothing else has changed.
I stopped the bundle and started it again and this time it was OK
That’s clearly a different issue. I will tell you if it happens again.

Adding new device, Popp Keypad, - did not seem to report its supported security classes properly(at least not to the xml on my system), so all command classes were marked only as “UnSec” in the device database. https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/892

I have checked the secure boxes on a “best effort”-basis. Is there any other way to know exactly what would be correct for this device? (the manual does not state anything as far as I can see)

Here is the XML file for the Neo Coolcam.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i95elgl21pn7d3t/network_de45570f__node_13.xml?dl=0

Hope this works from Dropbox. It´s been a while since I last shared a file.

I have doubble temperature and Humidity as well. But they´re not sending the same values. I havn´t figure out yet, why it´s like that.

Thanks - this doesn’t report the temperature, so I’ll remove it and see who complains :wink:

Some may complaint, since there is a motion sensor (also named Neo Coolcam) which include temperature. Even saw one announce which had both temperature and Lumiance. But they´re physical not alike. The one mentioned looks like a golf ball. The one I have looks more like a tabletennis ball. The one in the database (the picture) is then one looking like a golf ball. it also have a magnetic stand/foot. Mine doesnt.

As said - it´s a mess with this device :slight_smile:

EDIT…
Just to make things worse… This device is also sold using another name. I saw one mentioned it in another forum last night… I think it was the smarthings forum.

Looks like there are multiple versions - some with temperature, and some without. Probably people have updated the same database entry with different devices :frowning:

What it physically looks like doesn’t matter. It’s not uncommon for the same device to be made available in different versions, but they look totally different.

It might be a problem with the device if they have used the same IDs for different versions, or it might just be that people add data to the device from different versions… Hard to know without the devices.

Back to the Vision ZP3102 motion sensor again:
I just pulled of the cover. The Alarm channel did NOT trigger. Maybe the manual says its suppose to be a tampering alarm. But I have not been able to get it to trigger the channel at all, since I updated the binding. In binding 2.3.0 it triggered like the binary channel.

I no longer have any idea what this Alarm channel is suppose to do :angry:

If you tail the log file while you remove the cover, do you see the device sending anything?

This is usually associations not being configured, but not always. Deleting the Thing and rediscovering may help too… I usually have to do this after every binding update to get my dimmers to report manual presses.

No, nothing in the log

I did delete the thing… I simply had to, cause the new binding re-discovered all the things like new things, with new names.

You don’t need to delete your zwave controller Thing when first using this version, but if you do, use the same Thing ID when creating controller Thing and the channels will stay the same.

What I’m suggesting is to delete the Thing again… maybe you’ve updated the binding since you first tried it? As I said, this helped my devices that weren’t reporting.