OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

So the problem you reported earlier was only relating to one device? I clearly misunderstood this.

No - just an update to the database ā€¦ not a fix.

That was the reason for me to delete the device and xml and to rediscover it.

Now it sits in the inbox and can not be added (all clearing cache and so done)ā€¦
Im habmin and in the log there happens just nothing at all when adding.

in paperui a small notificaton ā€œ404ā€ appears when I try to add it

yes - everything else but this (2 same smoke sensors) works and can be added

Ok, sorry (again) Iā€™m confused. You said a couple of posts back that you would re-add after the database update, so I assumed something had been fixed in the database.

I donā€™t know why this is, or why the database should influence this - I think we will need more information unless it is fixed somehow already (which Iā€™m still a bit confused about - sorry).

:joy:

ok - sorry

1. there was a minor update to the smoke sensor in the db (alarm_tamper instead of alarm_general,ā€¦ renaming - stuff like that)

2. to catch that changes with the new build I deleted those 2 smoke sensors

3. now they can not be readded and remain in the inbox

4. I found in this thread here the guy from above with the same device and same problem a while agoā€¦ just wanted to see if there is a pattern to find the root cause why this device troubles when it shall be readded after deletion

Thanks for the explanation. Iā€™d like to know why the 404 occurred, but I donā€™t know how to debug that part of ESH :frowning:

At least itā€™s working I guessā€¦

I edited the json db manually and at least got things back now.
however the root cause is unclear.

I donā€™t see why changing the channel type is making this difference. Both channel types are defined, so ESH shouldnā€™t matter either way.

Is there any exception logged (probably not as ESH doesnā€™t tend to log these in the REST interface :frowning: ).

It looks like 404 probably means that the thing is not found in the inbox, so I really canā€™t see how changing a channel will change thatā€¦

One other question - what version of the device do you have?

Also one more question :wink:
why is the option ā€œreinitializeā€ not available for all devices?

I donā€™t see anything wrong with the database for the device you have, so I really donā€™t think itā€™s that. This is a new entry, and maybe something has not picked up the new version of the device properly - Iā€™m not sure, but based on the 404, it seems to indicate that the device you tried to approve was not found in the inbox. This traces through to a simple check that should have nothing to do with channels at this time. The creation of the thing comes next -:

try {
            thing = inbox.approve(thingUIDObject, notEmptyLabel);
        } catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {
            return JSONResponse.createErrorResponse(Status.NOT_FOUND, "Thing not found in inbox");
        }

// inbox.approve returns null if no handler is found that supports this thing
        if (thing == null) {
            return JSONResponse.createErrorResponse(Status.CONFLICT, "No binding found that can create the thing");
        }

Itā€™s not available for devices that are currently already initialising.

Just for the record: I added two FGSD002ā€™s (also version 3.3) about a week ago (could have been two) without problems. Well, I had some problems getting the information from them (search for ā€œcommand_class_crc_16_encapā€ in this thread for more info on that) but they were not device specific and @chris fixed them. So I donā€™t think this is something general.

Thanks @DanielMalmgren - thatā€™s good to knowā€¦

Can you delete the Thing and add it again?

Guys, with all due respect, the thread has gone huge. Over 4035 posts! Can we somehow split this into separate concerns and create more meaningful topics? ā€œZ-Wave refactoring and testingā€, its too generic for a newcomer. She has to browse through a lot of stuff before something relevant is found.
As the tittle suggests, you need to refactor the thread too! :wink:

As I posted a while back, once this is merged to master I will lock this thread :wink:

2 Likes

You are the same Chris on Water Level thread! Glad to see you here, I didnā€™t know. :+1:

Yep - I get around :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

I decided to dig into this more and found the following information that may help me get this resolved.

I looked at the list of supported devices and Iā€™m NOT seeing my information in the database list from the binding.

Can you confirm/deny that itā€™s in there? I have 4 of the same devices set as unknown.

ZW100 MultiSensor 6
Model ZW100-A
Manufacturer ID: 00 86

Best, Jay