OH2 Z-Wave refactoring and testing... and SECURITY

Does that mean that this is also resolved?

Thanks for all you hard work,
I will test and report back, thanks,
br,
Raymond

Unfortunately, no - sorry. This one needs some more thought to introduce a workaround to the responses this device is sending.

Thereā€™s no reason to be sorry, you are doing a great job!
btw, do you want me to make a GitHub ticket for the SIS parameter?

br,
Raymond

Thanks.

Yes please - then itā€™s on my radar :wink:

Of course. Ticket submitted.

Do we need to reinclude devices of this type to take advantage of the changes?

No - you should just need to update the binding.

Great, thanks.

Hey @chris! Been away from this for a while. Wow this thread is longā€¦ :open_mouth:

Just installed the latest version, which is running well on my test platform.

Iā€™ve been holding off on installing this on any of my prod systems until thereā€™ll be no more breaking changes. Do you anticipate any more breaking changes?

BTW, I like the new STATE_UPDATE entries in the log viewer. Very helpful!

when using High Power inclusion from HABmin i get:

zwave.event.inclusion_failed

in orange

Do I need to use OpenHab 2.1.0 to test newest version of binding published today?

If so, is it enough to use beta channel (echo ā€˜deb http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing mainā€™ | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openhab2.list) ?

I hope you read it all - there will be a test later :wink:

Iā€™m trying to avoid it, but yes, at some stage there will be. I suspect that it will be a little while away though, but I still need to implement the dynamic channels. So, I think itā€™s stable for the next few months at leastā€¦

My immediate plan is to iron out the major issues now, and get this merged to master after the next release (not exactly sure when that is, but I guess soonish).

Thatā€™s sad ;). Iā€™m not really sure what it means - probably the controller returned an error that inclusion failed, but other than that, Iā€™m not sure as thereā€™s no further information (I think).

I think it is probably wise although Iā€™m not 100% sure itā€™s needed. I canā€™t remember if there have been additions to the ESH/OH core or not, but to be safe, letā€™s say yes ;).

I guess thatā€™s enough for the framework, but you still need to install this binding manually - see toward the top of this thread for installation info (about 6 messages down I think).

1 Like

Guaranteed to fail! LOL

Ok, Iā€™ll put it on the one prod system that still has a small number of nodes. The other prod system has about 30+ nodes and is about to have another 20 or so dimmers and a few more battery devices added to it.

One thing I just noticed for all my battery devices with temp sensors (ZW100, ST814, and FGMS001)ā€¦ In HABmin, when I change the scale to Fahrenheit on the Temperature channel, it doesnā€™t seem to work. HABmin still reports it as C in the channel panel (after refreshing page), and I see in the log that the binding is not converting the reported temp to F. Is this a known issue?

Deleted node xml and deleted/readded things.

Looking at the Thing JSON for those nodes, they show this after changing the scale from C to F. Shouldnā€™t that be a 1?

"label": "Sensor (temperature)",
          "configuration": {
            "properties": {
              "config_scale": "0"
            }

Edit: Looks like it might be a HABmin issue. It worked when I changed it with PaperUI.

"label": "Sensor (temperature)",
          "configuration": {
            "properties": {
              "config_scale": "1"
            }
          },

The reason for this is this is a notification report - not an alarm and the code I added was for alarms since alarms are not standardised within the ZWave standardā€¦

Notifications are handled differently and should already support this if the type is decimal. What I donā€™t understand is why this is an OnOff type where it should be a decimal type according to the channel.xml file in the binding. Maybe something somewhere is remembering an old definition?

Any thoughts on how you did this? I am running the latest OH2 Z-Wave binding. Iā€™ve tried pairing at this point at least 20 times - every time secure inclusion fails.

@chris So I just included my 914 and donā€™t see the new Alarm # Channel, just the general alarm channel in HABmin. So I went to follow @whwkins lead and add the channel to the xml file but I donā€™t see an xml file for the new node? I see all my other nodes that I created earlier but not for the new one I just added?

Also, is there an edit in the database to make the alarm number channel come through vs editing the xml?

Thanks as always for all the work.

It doesnā€™t seem to have been added to the database yet -:

You canā€™t add anything to the XML file - if you want to add it manually, then you need to edit the XML file in the JAR.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by this?

You answered that with the first one. Iā€™m afraid to try to do a direct edit to the database since the last time I did I broke one of the Cooper switches (which as a tangential I donā€™t think ever got rolled back). Iā€™m happy to try again thoughā€¦

Makes sense, though is it an issue that the node xml file didnā€™t get created in the \userdata\zwave\ directory?

Edit: I also noticed in the database that itā€™s showing User Codes and Entry Scheduling as channels but Iā€™m not seeing those show up in HABmin. I only see Door Lock, General Alarm, and Battery channels?

Thanks.

Are both alarm_number and alarm_general required?