OH3.0.0.m1 Fibaro dual relay switch FG-221 status from one channel not working

I have a Fibaro dual relay switch. The status from one channel is not updated when operating manually.
Expect it’s due to the the fact the the channel uses switch_binary1 and switch_binary2 and updates are received for switch_binary and switch_binary2

Is this an OH bug are a ZWave issue and is there any way to work around this ?
I might have a similar issue with a Fibaro dual dimmer, but did not check the logs yet.

Below a part of the log which shows this. (Thing is configured via the OH3 GUI)

Initializing ZWave thing handler zwave:device:controller:node14.
NODE 14: Initialising cmd channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising state channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising state channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising cmd channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising state channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising state channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising cmd channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising state channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 for OnOffType
NODE 14: Initialising state channel zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 for OnOffType
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary to ON [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 to ON [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 to OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary to OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary to ON [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary to OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Command received zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 --> ON [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Command received zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 --> OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Polling zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1
NODE 14: Polling skipped for zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 on COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
NODE 14: Polling zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2
NODE 14: Polling skipped for zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 on COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 to OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Updating channel state zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 to OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Command received zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 --> ON [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Command received zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary2 --> OFF [OnOffType]
NODE 14: Polling zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1
NODE 14: Polling skipped for zwave:device:controller:node14:switch_binary1 on COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC

In Milestone 1 Zwave was broken. Update to Milestone 2 or the latest snapshot.

Thanks for the reply.
I have just updated to 3.0.0.m2, unfortunately this behaviour did not change.

Now try deleting the Thing from openHAB ( do NOT exclude) and rediscover & add to openHAB to get any new binding settings. The new Thing will have the same id so yornitems will still work.

Why not use the switch, and switch2 channels if that is what the device is sending?

I’m not sure what device you are using exactly as there are a few of these, but if the device isn’t encapsulating the switch1 status, then it is probably difficult to change this, and you probably need to use the other channel.

1 Like

@chris
I remembered that when I was first setting up ‘switch’ was not working and ‘switch1’ did work. However your suggestion of course makes sense, so changed the channel to switch1.
It works like a charm now :slight_smile: Thanks !

Probably the first time when I tried I had some other issues as well.

2 Likes