OH3.3: HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING for "Aeotec LED Strip ZW121" and "Fibaro Swipe Scene Controller FGGC001"

I just upgraded to openHAB 3.3 Release Build (from version 3.2). And again, after the upgrade to the latest openHAB version new issues did show up for some of of my devices . For 3.3 the problem is a HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING on my “Aeotec LED Strip ZW121” and “Fibaro Swipe Scene Controller FGGC001”.

1. Aeotec LED Strip ZW121
**HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING**

{config_37_4_0000001F=Der Wert 1.0 ist nicht in den erlaubten Optionen enthalten. Erlaubte Optionen sind: [ParameterOption [value="0", label="Constant Speed"]]}

That states that the value 1 is not valid for config_37_4_0000001F.
But config_37_4_0000001F relates to “Colour Change Speed Level” where 1 is a valid value accoding to the Aeotec documentation.

Good news however is that I had been able to update the value to 0 in the UI and the device is online again.

1. "Fibaro Swipe Scene Controller FGGC001
**HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING**

{config_11_1=Der Wert 31.0 ist nicht in den erlaubten Optionen enthalten. Erlaubte Optionen sind: [ParameterOption [value="1", label="2nd group ”Flick UP” sent as secure"], ParameterOption [value="2", label="3rd group ”Flick DOWN” sent as secure"], ParameterOption [value="4", label="4th group "Flick LEFT” sent as secure"], ParameterOption [value="8", label="5th group "Flick RIGHT” sent as secure"], ParameterOption [value="16", label="6th group "Circular AirWheel” sent as secure"]], config_10_1=Der Wert 15.0 ist nicht in den erlaubten Optionen enthalten. Erlaubte Optionen sind: [ParameterOption [value="1", label="Scenes for flick UP gesture enabled"], ParameterOption [value="2", label="Scenes for flick DOWN gesture enabled"], ParameterOption [value="4", label="Scenes for flick LEFT gesture enabled"], ParameterOption [value="8", label="Scenes for flick RIGHT gesture enabled"], ParameterOption [value="16", label="Scenes for clockwise circular gesture enabled"], ParameterOption [value="32", label="Scenes for CCW circular gesture enabled"], ParameterOption [value="63", label="All commands enabled"]], config_12_1=Der Wert 15.0 ist nicht in den erlaubten Optionen enthalten. Erlaubte Optionen sind: [ParameterOption [value="1", label="Toggle Mode enabled for 2nd association group"], ParameterOption [value="2", label="Toggle Mode enabled for 3rd association group"], ParameterOption [value="4", label="Toggle Mode enabled for 4th association group"], ParameterOption [value="8", label="Toggle Mode enabled for 5th association group"]]}

The current values are all valid according to the Fibaro documentation.

Unfortunately, I am not able to change a value in the UI; if I try so, then when I press “Save” the log shows the following error:

2022-08-07 15:26:54.373 [ERROR] [rg.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils] - No message body writer has been found for class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableMap, ContentType: */*

Also, in the UI the parameter 10 cannot be modified, it seems to be read-only.

So for my Fibaro Swipe Scene Controller I currently can’t make it work again with my newly upgraded OH3.3. What could I do?

Disappointed,
Gert

The “handler” issues are the result of the strict validation in the OH core introduced during the OH3.3 testing phase and the Zwave database setup when the author set limit to options as “true”. The applicable DB entries need to be changed (easiest is to set the limit to options as “false” and mark for review.

1 Like

Ok, I understand.

When I do find some time, then I will see how I can get the database updated (will likely not happen soon …).

Thanks,
Gert

I have same problem. Do you find solution?

It appears the DB was not changed as I suggested to satisfy the strict validation, so there will still be the problem. In the interest of moving this along I made the required changes, but it could be a week before a binding is compiled.

1 Like

I have made it work with openhab3.3 already… I edit all config params for Thing using WebUI on tab “code”.

1 Like

In the interest of moving this along I made the required changes

Thats great!
Gert