OH3: at startup rules are running before items and symbols are available

Thank you for releasing OH3. I tried to migrate to the new version but get problems during system restart. Rules seam to get executed before the symbols and item names are initialised. For example I get the following exception:

Script execution of rule with UID ‘init-10’ failed: The name ‘OFF’ cannot be resolved to an item or type

The exceptions occur before I get the message “Rule engine started.” in the log.

What can I do to make sure that the rules start to execute after all symbols are available?

After clearing the cache / rebooting several times the described errors are gone.

Noted with interest. This kind of thing was common since OH1 through OH2, due to relative timing of loading various components asynchronously. All supposedly magically cured with OH3 new rule engine (which is used for old DSL rules too).

Whether you suffered or not depended on factors like host system performance, complexity of configuration e.g.many bindings or Items. Might be of future value if you can note anything about your setup that may be relevant or unusual.