OH3: automation scription Jython

Hello,
I’m somehow stuck somewhere and would highly appreciate some hints and questions to move forward.

What I want to do is to use Jython scripting for all my rules and functions to implement. Searching addons as well as community I found two subjects:
a) “Jython Scritpting” addon; installation easy and it works; script developed using the buildin editor in OH UI
b) found on Github “openhab-scripters” https://openhab-scripters.github.io/openhab-helper-libraries/Getting%20Started/Installation.html

Point 1 to 9: ok
Point 10: found the my “start.sh” in folder “/usr/share/openhab”
When setting up the “bootclasspath”, “python.home” and “python-path” it seems I’m stuck.

Jython 2.7.2 installation: “/opt/jython”

/opt/jython $ ls
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS       Demo        Lib                  LICENSE.txt  registry
bin                   Doc         LICENSE_Apache.txt   NEWS         tests
CoreExposed.includes  jython.jar  LICENSE_CPython.txt  README.txt

Here is what I added at top of “start.sh”:

export EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xbootclasspath/a:/opt/jython/jython.jar -Dpython.home=/opt/jython -Dpython.path=/opt/jython/Lib"

When I place a simple script under folder “/etc/openhab/automation/jsr223/python/personal” I can not find the script somewhere in the UI or being executed.

Script in UI editor, “simpletest”:

from org.slf4j import LoggerFactory

LoggerFactory.getLogger("org.openhab.core.automation.examples").info("Hello world from UI scripting!")

Script in folder personal, “test.py”

from org.slf4j import LoggerFactory

LoggerFactory.getLogger("org.openhab.core.automation.examples").info("Hello world from Python IDE!")

Thanks in advance. Now going to have a good wine, maybe this helps too.
Bernhard

Maybe I missed it - what version of openHAB?

For OH2&3, all you need is explained in this post:

Hi, thanks for help. I followed the steps as indicated by Ivan. It worked after restart of openhab service.
As of now it seems to work using the hello_world.py example. :slight_smile:

What I’m a bit confused with is the fact I created a new file with identical content (using different rule name…) in the personal folder, but this file is not loaded.

Bernhard