OH3 Chromecast broken pipe

Using OH3 on Raspi 3B

Get following messages and slow down OH3 Sitemaps

2021-01-02 19:50:46.644 [WARN ] [su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel ] - Error while handling, caused by java.net.SocketException: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe) (Write failed)

2021-01-02 19:50:46.673 [WARN ] [su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel ] - Error while reading, caused by su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.ChromeCastException: Remote socket closed
2021-01-02 19:50:46.681 [WARN ] [su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel ] - <-- null payload in message

Does anyone have the same issue?

Yes, it is a known issue and unfortunately cannot be changed except by decreasing the log level:

Thanks for reply.

I’ve just updated to OH3, and I notice in the new log4j2.xml file there are built-in filters for a few other bindings? Would it be worthwhile to add a filter for the Chromecast in the base installation? Or is that a slippery slope?

<!-- Filters known issues of Chromecast -->
<!-- https://community.openhab.org/t/many-chromecast-audio-errors-captured-in-log/75824 -->
<Logger level="ERROR" name="su.litvak.chromecast.api.v2.Channel"/>

Yes, that might be an option. Will you contribute a fix?

I can, but you’ll have to tell me how to do it. To date, I’ve submitted one PR for a doc edit, so I don’t know how to fork/edit the core. Even just typing that makes me a little antsy. :wink:

From another discussion, I realized that I can just submit an issue to ask Wouter to insert the code. I tagged you in it.

Thanks!