OH3 events.log stays empty

I can confirm that this helped!
After removing the json file, it goes on.

For the moment, the start level stops after 70? Not sure if it’s normal at this stage?
I’ve now some things to clean up. I was using the addons file, some extra ‘onofficial binding’. So several errors pop up. So I’ll first try to clean that up, and check if it goes better after this.

grep Reached openhab.log

2020-12-26 09:59:26.503 [DEBUG] [enhab.core.service.StartLevelService] - Reached start level 10
2020-12-26 09:59:46.503 [DEBUG] [enhab.core.service.StartLevelService] - Reached start level 20
2020-12-26 09:59:51.511 [DEBUG] [enhab.core.service.StartLevelService] - Reached start level 30
2020-12-26 09:59:51.514 [DEBUG] [enhab.core.service.StartLevelService] - Reached start level 40
2020-12-26 09:59:56.512 [DEBUG] [enhab.core.service.StartLevelService] - Reached start level 50
2020-12-26 09:59:56.512 [DEBUG] [enhab.core.service.StartLevelService] - Reached start level 70

@tyler and @wborn , thanks you very much for your support so far!!!

If I can help in any way, let me know! Still have my original image and json file (1,1K big), and a clone is just a click away. :wink:

I can confirm. Event Log stayed empty and i could not create any rules in UI. Deleting the automation json files fixed the issue for me! :partying_face:

Yes it would be nice if you can share it so I can have look! :+1:

For me, there wasn’t a lot in the file.
Seems to be a kind of test rule that at one moment, I created?
Maybe once in the old paperUI for testing the option to create rules through GUI?
I can confirm that I don’t have anything like that in my normal rule-files.

{
  "753d47ce-1b06-4462-978e-efdce7863ce2": {
    "class": "org.openhab.core.automation.Rule",
    "value": {
      "triggers": [
        {
          "id": "1",
          "label": "it is a fixed time of day",
          "description": "Triggers at a specified time",
          "configuration": {
            "properties": {
              "time": "18:00"
            }
          },
          "type": "timer.TimeOfDayTrigger"
        }
      ],
      "conditions": [],
      "actions": [
        {
          "id": "2",
          "label": "send a command",
          "description": "Sends a command to a specified item.",
            "properties": {
              "itemName": "Light_WO_HalGang",
              "command": "ON"
            }
          },
          "type": "core.ItemCommandAction"
        }
      ],
        "properties": {}
      },
      "configDescriptions": [],
      "uid": "753d47ce-1b06-4462-978e-efdce7863ce2",
      "name": "Test",
      "tags": [],
      "visibility": "VISIBLE"
    }
  }
}

FWIW I also had this problem ('events.log stays empty) today, and none of the above-mentioned proposals worked for me. However in /var/lib/openhab there was a file dump-2021-05-04_144455-606.zip` which was 35Mb in size! Unfortunately my zip app reported the file as invalid, so I could not see what was inside. So I just deleted the dump file (“only real men delete dump files”) and restarted; and miraculously the events.log is now working. Go figure…