OH3 - Fritz Box TR064 Add-on, Binding

I hacked around a little bit and implemented support for the

Thing subdeviceLan LANDevices  [ uuid="uuid:<id>"]  {
  Channels:
    Type macOnline : PC1  [ mac="01:23:45:67:89:AB" ]
    Type macOnline : PC2  [ mac="01:23:45:67:89:AC" ]
  }

source code can be found here and prebuild binary here. May be it’s of interest for somebody.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Hi,
I just updated to the milestone release to get the Channels for Curr. Down- & Upstream of my Fritzbox in OpenHAB 3.
Unfortunately, those two show the same numbers as Max Upstream / Max Downstream show and not the actual current transfer rate.
Am I missing something or do I have a misunderstanding? :slight_smile:

kind regards
Markus

They are not available in openHAB.

With 3.1.0 they should be as of [tr064] Adds new channels for DSL Max & Current Down-/Upstream Rate by sgiehl · Pull Request #9519 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub from my understanding.
Thats why I upgraded to the M2 release.

AVM’s documentation is not very verbose regarding the values provided. My understanding is:

dslUpstreamMaxRate = maximum upstream rate possible
dslUpstreamCurrRate = current upstream rate for this connection

So “maximum” is the maximum provided and “current” is the value that has been negotiated for this connection, e.g. you could have a line that can handle let’s say 16 MBit/s maximum but for some reason the connection showed less capability and only 12 Mbit/s were negotiated between your modem and the endpoint. In this case there would be different values. If you have no errors, the numbers will be the same.

What you are after is the current data transfer rate. That is not available within openHAB, since these values are only provided by the online monitor.

1 Like

If you want something like the online counter you need to read this.

1 Like

Ah, now I see, thank you for the clarification :slight_smile:

I got a 7590 with new 7.25 OS changed IP-address and TCP-port for https

With the OH3 AVM binding I can specify the ip & port, but not with this TR064 binding

With only IP I get:

COMMUNICATION_ERROR
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Total timeout 2000 ms elapsed

With ip:port I get

Just for sure have you activated tr064 on the box?

Just try http://fritz.box:49000/tr64desc.xml to see if tr-064 is enabled.

if not goto

Heimnetz -> Netzwerk -> Netzwerkeinstellungen -> Zugriff für Anwendungen zulassen

1 Like

The fritzbox is in a different ip network address
so this fritz.box is no longer working.

When using the above with the ip Address instead nothing happens.

Why is the avm binding able to connect but tr064 binding doesn’t.

Because you didn’t enable tr 064 support. Or you configured a wrong port. If the browser can‘t get the description, the FB config is wrong.

Hi,

Is it possible to also create Things for the Fritz Repeaters?
My Goal is to individually en-/disable 2,4 and 5ghz WiFi on each Item.

When they are Part of a Mesh they follow the Mesh master. But there is also a possibility to configure Them Not to follow the Mesh master and for that it would be cool to have that capability.

OK With 3.10 Milstone the TR 64 is connecting.

I‘m running OH3.1 stable and installed the binding.
I was able to retrieve the DSL speed from my 7590 AX, however they seems not to be updated anymore.
The value in OH3 didn‘t change since yesterday, even DSL values changing in FritzBox UI frequently.

Any idea?

Many thank
Stefan

Hi,

cannot get OH3.1.0 TR064 binding run with my 2x FB7590 (FOS 7.28), 1 local, 1 remote. If I try to add either one as “thing” (Bridge) using OH3 WebUI, I get an COMM error, 404 or 606.

TR064 is enabled on both boxes, proofed using:

• https://“IP Address”:“https port”/tr064/tr64desc.xml

Box is then asking for credentials and the user I defined on the FB for openHAB connections has proper rights.

Possible that the TR046 still tries to access the FB using “http”? Or does expect standard port “443”?

Any ideas?

Cheers
fnu

Error in the documentation of dslStatus channel.

I am trying to monitor the status of the DSL connection by using the WAN subdevice channel dslStatus. According to the documentation it is a switch. When I create a link, with the UI, to an existing switch item such an item remains NULL.

If, instead, I create a link to a String item, the status is updated to the value Up.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve tried to link some channels of the Subdevice WAN but if i do so the add process freezes at the line. shown in the picture and will not continue.

I’ve seen in the documentation that

Advanced channels appear only if the corresponding parameters are set in the Thing definition.

But it’s not clear what this corresponding parameter will be.

My Thing:

UID: tr064:subdevice:0cd75ed1a9:uuid_3A75802409_2Dbccb_2D40e7_2D8e6a_2DCCCE1E61D634
label: "FritzBox WANDevice "
thingTypeUID: tr064:subdevice
configuration:
  refresh: 60
  uuid: uuid:75802409-bccb-40e7-8e6a-CCCE1E61D634
bridgeUID: tr064:fritzbox:0cd75ed1a9

The point where it breaks

Documentation is wrong. It’s a String.

1 Like

Uninstalled Binding, things & items reinstalled all
Solved the situation.
The good question is just unless when

1 Like

Hi,

I am facing a communication error on the bridge and I have no clue why. The error says
“could not get device definitions from https://XXXXX.myfritz.net

Openhab Log Viewer says: “… [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing ‘tr064:subdeviceLan:1fe96d71d750c88e:LAN’ changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR)”

Openhab 3.2.0 is running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ which is using the guestnet of a Fritzbox 7590 v07.29. The guestnet is where all Smarthome Things are located. Needless to say that the setup for everything else is working fine. But because of the guestnet I have to use an external access with a dynamic IP in order to enter the Fritzbox in the main network. This is currently realized in this case through a myFritz IP because it does not throw a certificate error (thanks to a letsencrypt.org certificate).

External browser access to the fritzbox is working. As well I am successfully able to performe the tr64desc.xml test (https://XXXXXX.myfritz.net:#####/tr064/tr64desc.xml) with these credentials through a browser. So IP and credentials seem to work fine.

What I did try with the Binding/Bridge configuration so far was:

• entering the myFritz given IP with the port used by myFritz. As well I tried without port.
  • trying as well the regular dynamic IP which I usually use. With and without port.
  • setting up the bridge by the given automatic/supported setup routine. As well I tried to define the Things manually/textually.

Nothing worked so far and at this point I really need and would appreciate some help. Does anyone have an idea what the reason could be? What am I doing wrong? And as a sidenote I have to admit that I do not have any programming skills nor deeper technical knowledge :slight_smile: So you might have to be a little patient with me when things seem to be clear to you but I am just not getting it.