OH3 + GE 12794 Zwave Dimmer problems

@d0t the newer GE devices don’t require polling, so if you have anything other than the really old ones, you wouldn’t need to worry. The ones I have are older than the scene support as well, so I can’t really comment there. I gave up on GE after these ones started failing badly (about 50% of them).

It’s also possible that changing the profile wasn’t the direct fix, but the side-effect of it causing an item to unlink and relink.

@feens - all point taken there - I’ve started to question if I made a bad decision with buying many of these devices on clearance earlier this year :slight_smile: So far so good, but time will tell what the failure rate is.

Thanks; best of luck with the others!

@chris or @Bruce_Osborne i am curious, is the profile required to be set, or is it just that maybe the links on the items didn’t register? I feel like somewhere there’s definitely an underlying bug, maybe in the OH2 → OH3 migration script/flow

What version are you using? There was a change introduced in OH3 to not send the binding linking information during startup. This required a change to bindings - it was requested a couple of days before OH3 was released and was not done in a number of bindings (including the ZWave). If you are using OH3.0 release, then it will have this issue still.

@chris I’m 3.0.1 (I think that’s the latest stable release)

I believe it was fixed before 3.0.1 so it should be fine.

1 Like

I always leave the profile at its default setting. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”. :smiley:

Default as in default or default as in “no profile” though.

I’m still curious if it was the profile that was the issue or an item linking issue.

I have not worked with OH3 in a while. I do not change whatever profile is automatically set by the system. That is the plain English definition of default.

Yes, but there is a choice for users in the menu offered - where none and default are two different things.

It might be interesting to compare the link JSONDB for each selection and see what’s what.