[OH3] Homematic RELOAD_ALL_FROM_GATEWAY no refresh for boolean values

The binding works for all values except Boolean.
Boolean values are synchronized only in the direction OH->CCU. The other direction isn’t updated. Any idea?

Openhab 3.02 Release
Pivccu3 3.57.5-57
Raspberry Pi 4

Can you enable the TRACE log for the openHAB binding, try the RELOAD and post openHAB log with the result.
Maybe there will be an (error) message that provides some more information about the problem.

Thank you for the fast response. Some more info

• it’a a new installation with Openhabian

• worked flawlessly in OH2 and pivccu2 since many months

• I’m using the old configuration files (items, things, …) from OH2

• Using new created variables and switches tested too - same result

• Gateway removed, scanned and added

• I have always 2 different Gateways, even after delete and a new scan

• Switch events in openhab will be reflected immediatly in the CCU

• Trace is quit too large for uploading/pasting here. I will open a ticket on github

• the trace is large, cannot upload it.
    Please find it here

• If there anything I can change or try, pls let me know

I need to check the log in detail and probably I will try to reproduce the problem in my environment. Can you give me the name of variables that are not updates? Then I can search for them.

There is a strange thing with the two gateways and I would assume that the problem has to do with the two gateways. Did you test it without the “old” thing file?

If I see that right: ALL boolean variables (without a connection to a real homematic device) won’t be updated. You can search for “motion”, “noise”, “christmas”.

I tried both of the gateways. non-bool variables only working on one, bool on none of them. Perhaps one thing: the one gateway have a very different notation than the other one.
UID: homematic:GATEWAY-EXTRAS-2ED2CD9FCE:2ed2cd9fce:GWE00000000
UID: homematic:GATEWAY-EXTRAS-3014F711A061A7D3C9A63D5F:3014F711A061A7D3C9A63D5F:GWE00000000

As I said before - If necessary I can try with my installation whatever you say

Can you post the thing ID of the Bridge? Maybe this is a problem with some old configuration remaining in the JSONDB. Maybe it can help to remove the wrong one manually in the JSONDB file.
I did not try to update my OH 2.5 installation. I only worked with fresh OH 3 installations and there never has been a problem with two GATEWAYS definitions.

My bridge is: UID: homematic:bridge:2ed2cd9fce
One gateway points to this bridge the other one to a ccu-app entry

System completely reinstalled - starting with fresh image of Openhabian etc.
Double bridge are gone.
Boolean values still will be updated in one direction.

Openhab → CCU works
Openhab ← CCU doesn’t work

Sorry, did not find this weekend to test. Will try within the next days to reproduce the problem.

I have tested it in my test environment and I had no problems reading boolean values. After another closer look into your log file, maybe I found the reason. There are several exceptions with conversion problems:

2021-05-03 11:18:26.109 [DEBUG] [.communicator.parser.CommonRpcParser] - Failed converting  to a Double
java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String
	at jdk.internal.math.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1842) ~[?:?]
	at jdk.internal.math.FloatingDecimal.parseDouble(FloatingDecimal.java:110) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:543) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.Double.valueOf(Double.java:506) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.parser.CommonRpcParser.toDouble(CommonRpcParser.java:67) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.parser.CcuVariablesAndScriptsParser.parse(CcuVariablesAndScriptsParser.java:56) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.CcuGateway.loadVariables(CcuGateway.java:92) [bundleFile:?]

It seems that at leas one numeric variable is empty. Possibly, this then prevents the evaluation of further variables.

With the new installation I cannot found any errors messages. However, I will setup an own test with only one variable to see whether it works. I will post the results here.

I made some tests with only one variable and could get it right.
I corrected:

Switch Reload_Variables {channel=“homematic:GATEWAY-EXTRAS-3014F711A061A7D3C9A63D5F:3014F711A061A7D3C9A63D5F:0#RELOAD_ALL_FROM_GATEWAY”}
to
Switch Reload_Variables {channel=“homematic:GATEWAY-EXTRAS-3014F711A061A7D3C9A63D5F:3014F711A061A7D3C9A63D5F:GWE00000000:0#RELOAD_ALL_FROM_GATEWAY”}

Problem solved.

1 Like