OH3 HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type error

Since migrating to OH3 I get the error below a few times per day. As everything seems to be working and there are no errors in VSCode I’m not sure how to find this. Can anyone give me a few pointers to find out what’s wrong

2021-01-30 16:10:31.895 [WARN ] [s.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper] - javax.ws.rs.ClientErrorException: HTTP 415 Unsupported Media Type
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.SpecExceptions.toHttpException(SpecExceptions.java:117)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.ExceptionUtils.toHttpException(ExceptionUtils.java:168)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils.findTargetMethod(JAXRSUtils.java:514)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.processRequest(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:181)
at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.interceptor.JAXRSInInterceptor.handleMessage(JAXRSInInterceptor.java:78)
at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:267)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:234)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:208)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:160)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFNonSpringServlet.invoke(CXFNonSpringServlet.java:216)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:301)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doPost(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:220)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:276)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:852)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:544)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceServletHandler.doHandle(HttpServiceServletHandler.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:536)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1581)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:233)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1307)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.HttpServiceContext.doHandle(HttpServiceContext.java:293)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:188)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:482)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1549)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:186)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1204)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
at org.ops4j.pax.web.service.jetty.internal.JettyServerHandlerCollection.handle(JettyServerHandlerCollection.java:80)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:494)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:268)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:336)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:313)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:171)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:129)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:367)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:782)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:918)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

I have the same. I get this when I trigger a rule from UI via myopenhab cloud.

Any help is greatly appreciated… Anyone?

Sounds like the only way may be to trigger each rule manually from the GUI and hope that the GUI doesn’t crash which it does often, and that the offending rule appears towards the start of my very long rules list.
I’ll start on this in a couple of days if nobody comes up with a better suggestion

I’ve just weeded out anything with NULL status from my MAPDB restore on startup database in case one of those was causing the problem, and its only come up once early on in the reboot process since when a rule could have ran before a null state was cleared out by a startup rule. I’ll now add in a bunch of logging of likely candidates. Unfortunately running rules from the GUI is takes ages as the browser window keeps hanging no matter which browser I use, although I’ve just discovered it doesn’t hang using an iphone running a web browser. I’ll update this if I find anything wrong

I am stuck too. Can’t get past the login screen. Just keeps getting such showing a white screen. It’s this what you mean by ‘getting hung’?

Nope, in my case I login to the admin part of what is a mainly white screen with “overview page not configured yet” in the middle of it. The login is at the bottom left of the window, I then select settings > rules and at that point after showing a list of my rules it usually hangs with a page not responding type error from the web browser.

I may have found the error which was down to 2 old callback entries on my Nuki Bridge. I’ve just removed them and will update this thread if the fault stays away.

Hi, any outcome here? I have the problems since a few days, already reinstalled the IDE and being on the last rebase. I’m not sure if this is related to my binding, but now it’s there and I didn’t found a way to fix. Which “old callbacks” did you removed?

I used to use the Nuki binding which has a call back set from the Nuki bridge that allows the door lock to update the items when it operates. Once I removed those from the Nuki bridge http interface the problems stopped. I gave up on the binding which at the time was very buggy and operate it with a combination of rule logic and curl commands.