OH3 latest snapshot duplicated lines in LOG

• Platform information:
    • vm
    • Java Runtime Environment: java 8
    • openHAB version: latest snapshot
  • Issue of the topic: in openhab log files tail -f /var/log/openhab/openhab.log /var/log/openhab/events.log using frontail there are duplicated lines for each log entry

2022-06-29 07_39_06-tail -f _var_log_openhab_openhab.log _var_log_openhab_events.log

As consequence all notifications and rules are performed twice.

I have already cleaned cache and temp.

Please help me to solve this issue

thanks in advance.

Livio

I know that openhab.log and events.log should have different log entries. Just to check that this is not caused by these lines being part of both files did you try to have a look top openhab.log only ?

Yes the problem is only event log that ha duplicated lines

Do you have manually customized the frontail setup?
Could you show the complete lines ( incl. the timestamp)?

What makes you think that notifications and rules are performed twice? If each entry is logged twice, the results of notifications and rules will also show twice!

I have installed frontail manually ( a lot of year ago) because on ubuntu it was not installed
and I don’t remeber the steps I did.

the rules are performed twice because all the notification like send telegram messages are performed twice, also the send command are performed twice…

Do you have any suggestion to check frontail setup?

In this case it doesn’t look like a logging problem ( at least IMHO). No clue ATM. :thinking:

its very strange,

downgraded from snapshot top 3.3.0 stable versione, rebooted ubuntu, sudo apt get update, sudo apt get upgrade to install the latest snapshot, rebooted again and now log are normal…

thanks to all

1 Like

Sorry but the problem starts again,

In the log I found this

2022-07-01 18:20:31.430 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching/filtering event for subscriber 'org.openhab.core.events.EventSubscriber' failed: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@141a3d05[Not completed, task = java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter@2b6a91f9[Wrapped task = org.openhab.core.automation.internal.TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl$TriggerData@2221293e]] rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@6b55c2f4[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@141a3d05[Not completed, task = java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter@2b6a91f9[Wrapped task = org.openhab.core.automation.internal.TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl$TriggerData@2221293e]] rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@6b55c2f4[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2055) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:825) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:340) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.schedule(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:562) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.submit(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:715) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$DelegatedExecutorService.submit(Executors.java:714) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.automation.internal.TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl.triggered(TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl.java:59) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.automation.internal.module.handler.ItemStateTriggerHandler.receive(ItemStateTriggerHandler.java:118) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.events.EventHandler.lambda$0(EventHandler.java:151) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

2022-07-01 18:20:31.430 [WARN ] [ab.core.internal.events.EventHandler] - Dispatching/filtering event for subscriber 'org.openhab.core.events.EventSubscriber' failed: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@694ef75[Not completed, task = java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter@7477ee6e[Wrapped task = org.openhab.core.automation.internal.TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl$TriggerData@37e36c6c]] rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@6b55c2f4[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]

java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@694ef75[Not completed, task = java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter@7477ee6e[Wrapped task = org.openhab.core.automation.internal.TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl$TriggerData@37e36c6c]] rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@6b55c2f4[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 0]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2055) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:825) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:340) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.schedule(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:562) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.submit(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:715) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$DelegatedExecutorService.submit(Executors.java:714) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.automation.internal.TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl.triggered(TriggerHandlerCallbackImpl.java:59) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.automation.internal.module.handler.ItemStateTriggerHandler.receive(ItemStateTriggerHandler.java:118) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.core.internal.events.EventHandler.lambda$0(EventHandler.java:151) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829) [?:?]

also this reported twice :slight_smile:

Downgraded again from snapshot to 3.3.0 stable

I’ll monitor the situation and will let you know, I hope that with stable version the issue will not appear again.