OH3 Main UI dosn't show up

I have four of the same tablets in my house. I want to display the new Main UI on them. On two tablets the Main UI can be displayed and on the other two a blank white page is displayed. I have installed the version “openHAB 3.1.0.M1”. The tables have the sam Andoid Version and the same Apps installed.
I have compared the logs of a working and a non working tablet but unfortunately found nothing. I hope you can help meTabletNotWorking.txt (60.8 KB) TabletWorking.txt (80.1 KB)

The NotWorking one contains a message about problem with Benutzername / Passwort.
Not sure if that could be the root cause.

I am sorry. I have previously tried to specify a user and password in the server information. This is the reason for this message. I have now created a new log, which should only show from the start to blank pageLog new short.txt (17.2 KB)

I compared the protokols again and and these lines caught my eye:

On the Working Tablet it’s:

WebViewFactory: Loading com.android.webview version 44.0.2403.119 (code 246011900)

and on the other it’s:

WebViewFactory: Loading com.android.webview version 44.0.2403.119 (code 246011900)

I have now downloaded the latest version 88.0.4324.181 of the WebView from the Playstore. However, after restarting the tablet and reinstalling the openhab app, version 44.0.2403.119 is still loaded. Does anyone know if this could be the reason at all?

The single letters in front of the message give an indication about the severity of the message content:
V — Verbose (lowest priority)
D — Debug
I — Info
W — Warning
E — Error
F — Fatal
S — Silent (highest priority, on which nothing is ever printed)

OK so I for info shouldn’t be so bad. But thats the only differenc i can find.
By the way. It’s possible to get to openhab and the the Main UI with the browser.

Can you restart the device after updating WebView?

I restarted the Tablet and reinstalled the openhab app after updating the WebView.

And the issue is still there, right?

On one of my old tablets I had to choose a different WebView implementation in the developer tools (something like WebView docs (go/webview-docs) - Try out WebView Beta, Dev, or Canary) or it would default to a way outdated version. The main UI doesn’t work with old Chromium versions, say <70.

Thanks for your tip. The tablet has Android 6 installed. In this version I can not customize the webview in the developer settings. I have therefore installed the beta version of the Webview according to the instructions from your link.
Unfortunately, the old version is still started. Even if I uninstall the Webview, the version 44.0.2403.119 is always loaded. I also installed the beta version of the chrome browser. Unfortunately all without success.

I was able to solve it!
I got a new firmware build from the manufacturer and installed it on the tablet. Now the correct webview is used. Thanks all for your help.