OH3: /opt/openhab2/addons does not exist

Hello,

Coming from OH2, I get these two warning when starting OH3.

2021-07-06 20:18:35.917 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - /opt/openhab2/addons does not exist, please create it.
2021-07-06 20:18:35.929 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Root path does not exist: /opt/openhab2/addons

Where can I change this to reflect the OH3 addons directory.

Kind regards,
Bastiaan

hate to be one of those wtm types, but…

anyway with OH3, the directories now are just openhab. Your location may depend on how it was just up. (My addons is in usr/share/openhab/addons)

1 Like

Hi @apella12, yes I know they are just “/openhab”, but my log shows it still searching for openhab2 folders. I would like to know where in which config file I can adjust the addons folder to reflext it to /openhab for OH3.

Could it be that you created a shell script in /etc/profile.d ( like openhab.sh ) that sets environment variables. This script may not have been adapted.

If that does not help you can do something like:

find / -type f -exec grep -l openhab2 {} \;

That should print out filenames of files that contain the string openhab2.
Better than starting the search in the root folder ( / ) would be a directory or list of directories below the root folder.

That seems to be looking for the right OH3 dirs.

I found a few files within with openhab2 in it:

/var/lib/openhab/config/org/apache/felix/fileinstall/945ebfc9-cda1-4639-aa3c-3d4964a131d1.config:2:felix.fileinstall.dir="/opt/openhab2/addons"
/var/lib/openhab/config/org/apache/felix/fileinstall/945ebfc9-cda1-4639-aa3c-3d4964a131d1.config:3:felix.fileinstall.filename="file:/opt/openhab2/userdata/etc/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-deploy.cfg"
/var/lib/openhab/config/org/apache/felix/fileinstall/945ebfc9-cda1-4639-aa3c-3d4964a131d1.config:8:felix.fileinstall.tmpdir="/opt/openhab2/userdata/tmp/bundles"
/var/lib/openhab/config/org/ops4j/pax/url/mvn.config.bak:5:org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.defaultRepositories="file:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/system@id\=system.repository@snapshots,\ file:/var/lib/openhab/tmp/kar@id\=kar.repository@multi@snapshots,\ file:/var/lib/openhab/system@id\=child.system.repository@snapshots"
/var/lib/openhab/tmp/kar/openhab-addons-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT/org/openhab/addons/features/karaf/org.openhab.addons.features.karaf.openhab-addons-external/3.2.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.addons.features.karaf.openhab-addons-external-3.2.0-SNAPSHOT-dynamodb.cfg:30:#profilesConfigFile=/etc/openhab2/aws_creds

Especially the first one could possibly be the cause of my log entries. What do you think?

I would change the first three from /opt/openhab2 to /opt/openhab3 in case your folder is now named /opt/openhab3 resp. /opt/openhab in case it is now named /opt/openhab.

The fourth one seem to be backup file.
Last one seems not to be mentioned in your log file. That seems to be a comment.