OH3, Pages, and Harmony Hub

Hey All,
I’m getting super frustrated with OH3 at the moment. I have added my Harmony Hub and OH sees it and says it’s online, when I look in the events log, OH3 sees when Harmony does things but, when I make Cells in Pages, I can’t get Harmony to respond to commands. I wanted to start simple by just sending Power Off.

In Edit Cell, I have the following options set, can anyone see what I’m missing?

Action - Send command
Action Item - Button Press (HarmonyHubLivingRoom_ButtonPress)
Action Command - powerOff

I’ve tried a couple different variations in Action Command but can’t seem to find the magic words.
I upgraded from OH2 in December, I haven’t had time to tinker with Harmony before now so it was never setup. I just recently added it to OH3.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! I really enjoy OpenHab but, I’m at a loss here.

Thanks!
Jay

Have you tried this widget?

https://community.openhab.org/t/oh3-harmony-widget/112172/7

The command i use on my harmony device is PowerOff.

Below some example commands i use. The translation is in german. But importand is the value before =. This is te value that will be send.

I stored them as command option metadata. Then they are predefined. For all widgets when you choose send command.

To set this up open the item and choose add metadata. Then choose command options and place them there.

PowerToggle=Ein/Aus
PowerON=Ein
PowerOff=Aus
VolumeDown=Leiser
VolumeUp=Lauter
ChannelDown=Kanal runter
ChannelUp=Kanal hoch
DirectionDown=Runter
DirectionUp=Hoch
DirectionDown=Runter
DirectionLeft=Links
DirectionRight=Rechts
Select=Select
Return=Zurück
Menu=Menü
Home=Home
Stop=Stop
Play=Play
Pause=Pause
Rewind=Zurückspulen
FastForward=Vorspulen
Guide=Guide
Info=Info
InputAv=Input AV
InputHdmi1=Input HDMI1
InputHdmi2=PS4
InputHdmi3=PC
InputHdmi4=Marantz AVR
InputTv=TV
Webbrowser=Webbrowser

@jay-habber are you sending “powerOff” or “PowerOff”?
If I try to send “powerOff” I get the following error:

2021-01-10 18:04:59.288 [WARN ] [b.internal.handler.HarmonyHubHandler] - Activity ‘powerOff’ is not known by the hub, ignoring it.

Looks like the command is case sensitive and needs a capital “P”.

Craig

It needs to be caps first but the docs cover what command to send from memory.

I am also interested in a simple widget to turn Harmony Off. The following code does nothing,

component: oh-cell
config:
  action: command
  actionItem: HarmonyHub_ButtonPress
  title: Harmony PowerOff
  actionCommand: PowerOff

The log shows the commands but the devices stay on!

2021-06-16 09:27:47.521 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'HarmonyHub_ButtonPress' received command PowerOff
2021-06-16 09:27:47.528 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'HarmonyHub_ButtonPress' predicted to become PowerOff

You send off to the current activity channel and it works as per this widget…

OH3 Harmony Widget - Add-ons / UIs - openHAB Community