since some months I am encountering a very slow reaction of my openHAB instance.
I don’t know when this started, but definitively with a 3.x version.
My setup is:
- Platform information:
- Hardware: RaspberryPi 3 B+
- OS: latest openHABian image / Raspbian
- Java Runtime Environment: 11.0.18
- openHAB version: 3.4.1 release build
- openHAB items #: ~650 items
- openHAB things #: ~73 things
- openHAB rules #: ~52 rules (2-3 of them running every 2-5 seconds)
- iPhone 11 with Safari (latest updates)
- Windows 11 with Edge or Firefox (latest updates)
I selected one example for this thread, which is the most annoying thing:
When browsing to the Items administration in the settings, it takes sometimes up to 2 min to load the list. I recorded this also with the dev tools of Edge:
But also the loading of pages is slow - or the loading of the values on these pages is slow.
Also the editing of widgets is a pain, because the lists don’t get filled in time - or even take long.
What I am wondering is, why does the transmission to the client takes that long?
I don’t think that the Pi is to weak to run openHAB 3.x
I also exchanged the SD cards to check if it is coming from there…
Does anybody has an idea where I can start looking for a “root cause”?
Thanks and Cheers!