OH3 Rollershutter and Apple HomeKit

Works like a charm!! Thanks a lot, Eugen!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for that fix.
One question, I use 3.1 with knx and homekit for rollershutters, however, when I close the rollershutter with homekit the following happens:

1. Rollershutter 100% closed, once closed the Slats automatically open (Homekit says Rollershutter 5% open)
  2. I have to manually close the slats with the dimmer in the group from the homekit app to fully close the complete rollershutter

The behavior I would need:

1. When moving the slider of the rollershutter in homekit to be fully closed, the slats should also be closed.
  2. When opening the rollershutter to 0%, the slats obviously should also be open (to fully move into the rollershutter box)

Any ideas regarding that behavior? I hope you can follow that description :see_no_evil:
Thx
Hannes

hi Hannes,

homekit binding has not option or logic for this. you can achieve this with openhab rules, e.g. a rule get triggered on rollershutter position change and if target position = 100% then send command to “CLOSE” to slats

But shouldn’t that be rather the standard implementation of the homekit binding for rollershutter with slats? (if target position = 100% and rollershutter is grouped with dimmer item, also set the dimmer item to 100%?) Or are there any other scenarios where that behavior is not wanted?

there is more complexity, as slat can have different ranges, e.g. -90 to +90 or 0-100, and different values for complete open/closed.
it is still doable, but currently it is not implemented. so, openhab rule would the only solution for now

Hi Guys,

i also have a question to the rollershutters in Homekit.

My items look like this:

Rollershutter Shutter_EG_EZ_Fix "Fixverglasung" <rollershutter> [ "WindowCovering" ]  { channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:Shutter_EG_EZ_Fix" }

Thing:

Type rollershutter : Shutter_EG_EZ_Fix "Fixverglasung"       [ upDown="1/2/15", stopMove="1/2/16",position="1/4/30+<1/4/31" ]

How is it possible to stop the Rollershutter in the Home app? It is possible to do that in the Openhab App but in the Home App, my Rollershutter always close to 100% and afterwards the open again, but they do not stop if i click again.

Hi Klaus,

i have setup - knx rollershutter and homekit. and the same issues. there is no way to send “stop” via home app. after some time we got used to use slider and % in home app, e.g. open to 80% or so.

Hey,

6 months ago, we talked about this problem.

Any news so far?

Hi Klaus,

to my understanding, “stop” is not supported by home app on iphone/ios. means, it is not openHAB issue but apple issue.
there were similar reports from other implementations, e.g.

in OpenHAB we have implemented support for “HOLD” according to apple specification. see HoldPosition in the OH documentation. but home app never sends “HOLD” to openHAB, only “OPEN” and “CLOSE”

however, last comment in the link above mentioned, “stop” works with shelly devices. and i just did some investigation and it looks like they did workaround on their side:

• home app is still not sending “HOLD”
  • but shelly sends “STOP” to device if it gets “OPEN” or “CLOSE” from home app while the status is “opening” or “closing”.

i will check whether we can implement similar logic in openHAB.

1 Like

Hey Eugen,

any news here?

Thx

Kind Regards
Klaus

Hi Hannes,

do you have a solution for that problem so far?

br
kirni

Hey Klaus,

unfortunately no updates yet. still open item

Eugen

Hi Klaus,

good news, i have finally implemented the stop for blinds.
it is currently in the review process but im good hope that it will made into openhab 3.4 releaswe

Hey Eugen,

Very cool, thank you so much.

Did you also solved the problem with the slats? (when blinds closed completely, slats opens after a few seconds
)

Kind Regards
Klaus

no, the slats are not implemented yet. but i have created a feature request to not forget about it

2 Likes

Thanks Eugene, you‘re awesome

1 Like

Hi Eugen,

tried this brand new feature, but for me it doesn’t work.

The rollershutter doesn’t stop, when it is running and i click the icon again. Any idea how to solve it?

make sure you have [stop=true] as parameter to homekit metadata,

Rollershutter ... {homekit="WindowCovering" [stop=true], channel="..." }

Hi Eugen,

works great!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kind Regards
Klaus

1 Like

Hi Klaus,

thank you for letting know. happy it works for you as well

Merry Christmas!

Eugen