OH3 Rule Not Triggering

I am using the latest OH3 install on a raspberry pi. I have created several rules and cannot get them to trigger without pressing the Play button on the rules page. Any help here is greatly appreciated!

Here is an example of one of my rules.

What does your temperature Item actually change to? (see your events.log) Maybe it is a Quantity type with units.

I’ll check that this afternoon. That could very likely be the case. Thanks for the suggestion!

A screen shot like that really tells us almost nothing. If your problem persists please click on the code tab and paste in the YAML version of the rule and use code fences. There are a lot of details we can’t see in the screen shot.

Understood!

Here is the YML code for this rule.

triggers:
  • id: “1”
    configuration:
    itemName: Temperature_GrowroomTemperature
    state: “>81”
    type: core.ItemStateChangeTrigger
    conditions: []
    actions:
  • inputs: {}
    id: “2”
    configuration:
    itemName: GrowRoomFan_Input
    command: ON
    type: core.ItemCommandAction

That’s not valid for a trigger.

You can trigger the rule when the Item changes and then have a condition (“But only if…”) to only allow the rule to run if it’s over 81. But you can’t do a comparison like that in the trigger.

Also, in future please How to use code fences because some of the characters used get interpreted by the forum and the spacing and indentation matters.

1 Like

So to clarify, I can’t use “<” as a condition but I can do a comparison and still use “<”?

How would a comparison look?

Thanks!!

I figured it out. I see exactly where I set that. Thanks so much!