OH3 setup influxdb + grafana

HI,

i started with OH3 and setup the semantic model for my home automation. All works fine, so now i want to create more advanced graphs with Grafana. As far as i could find i need to setup first the inluxdb and here starts the confusion…

can i do this all via the openhab-config setup or do i need to do this manually. On the forum i find "old setups” (from 2016) but no one clear answer how to do this with OH3.

e.g. do i need to setup the openhab database, create users, grant access edit influxdb.conf, create the influxdb.persist file with all items?

Same for the Grafana part; can i do this via the openhab-config setup or do i need to install it manually and configure users etc.

I tried it all but the data is not written in de influxdb database.

Who can guide me to the right place for a clear setup of OH3 + Influxdb + Grafana?

Yes

If you are using openHABian you can install both via the menu. Otherwise, yes you need to install and configure it manually.

The setup in OH 3 is essentially the same as in OH 2.5. Though there are some settings you can make for the connection to InfluxDB through MainUI. You’ll see a new InfluxDB menu entry in Settings once the add-on is installed. Note that the add-on is just a way for OH to communicate with InfluxDB. InfluxDB itself is a separate program created by others and is not a part of openHAB.

Note: you should look at the charting available in OH 3. It’s quite good.

I was able to setup nice graphs via OH3 UI and also via Grafana (also getting data in Influxdb) :grinning: :wink: so now i can start comparing those dashoards. :face_with_monocle:
the only thing is that OH3 stops sending data to rrd4j and influxdb without any reason and at a random time. :frowning_face:

in the log-file i get the following message:

[ERROR] [d4j.internal.RRD4jPersistenceService] - Could not create rrd4j database file ‘/var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Elektriciteitsmeter_HuidigeElektriciteitverbruik.rrd’: /var/lib/openhab/persistence/rrd4j/Elektriciteitsmeter_HuidigeElektriciteitverbruik.rrd (Read-only file system)

i changed the access level on the directory but the problem is still there. where to start now ? :thinking:

Please don’t post the same problem more than once.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.