OH3 Sitemap Not Working

I upgraded to OH3 some months ago and had pretty much everything working. I was my OH2 sitemap, updated, and it was working fine. I have my model complete and can control devices through it.
One day, my sitemap stopped working on my android phone, the sitemap just disappeared. It shows up and works fine on my computer. So I figured it was time to move over to the MainUI sitemap. Since I couldn’t figure out a way to move my old sitemap to OH3, I spent several hours configuring the sitemap from scratch, and it shows up on my phone and computer just fine, but none of the functions work. I figure I’m missing something, but I don’t know what. All the documentation I can find only shows the .sitemap file, and I’m trying to migrate away from that. Any ideas on what I might be missing?

I have been searching the community, Google, etc., for the last week and haven’t been able to find any relevant information.

Thanks.

I’m running 3.1 on a RPi 3B+.
One other thing, I have no log entries in any of my OH logs since October.

MainUI doesn"t sitemaps at all, you may be labouring under a misapprehension here.

I went to the Main UI, Settings, Pages, added a new page, and selected Sitemap. I built out the sitemap page. It show up on my android and appears to function properly, but none of the controls actually work. It’s all show and no go.

That’s nice, but MainUI will not use the sitemaps that it offers only an editor for.

Screenshots:

It is still a sitemap for BasicUI and cannot be used in MainUI.
Open the tiles menu on the upper right and switch to BasicUI, then you can use it in your browser….

2 things…

1. You are correct, I can select my sitemap in the U/R corner and it works fine in my browser, but it still doesn’t show up on my cell phones (Apple or Android). the only one that show up is the one I developed in the Pages section.

2. If the Sitemap page in the pages section doesn’t do anything, why is it there?

This is likely to get complicated. Traditional OH2 sitemaps are files xxx.sitemap stored in the /sitemap folder. Sitemaps produced in the MainUI editor are stored differently in jsondb, I dunno much about that. Quite how you steer your app which resource to look at, I don’t know.

It’s an editor, to produce sitemaps for other GUIs to use; a convenience aid.

I thought I’d give everybody an update.

I was able to get the sitemap working, in local mode only. everything functions as it should. If I try to access it remotely, I can navigate the sitemap, but the controls don’t function. I’ve read a few posts where others are having this issue. It’s not horribly troublesome for now, but it does limit me. I’ll let it go for now and see if it miraculously fixes itself, as other functions have done. :slight_smile:

One thing I noticed when the sitemap is trying to access openHAB remotely is this message shows up:
“Event subsctiption failed, widget refresh may be impaired”

If I access it locally, everything works fine.

At any rate, I know I still have to get the log issue fixed. One thing at a time.

Thank you everyone for your help.