OH3 : There will be input widget?

Hi,
I’ve just start playing with OH3 to take a look at the new “design” and UI (and to be honest I’m a little disoriented)…anyway I was trying to reproduce what I have now in OH 2.5 and one thing I need is the ability to have an “input” widget (is it called this way?) on a page to manually set the time for some specific action to be executed at.

By now in my (2.5) sitemap I have a webview with an input form that will call the rest API via javascript…but it’s not so elegant :stuck_out_tongue: and it’s not working “outside” my network.

I was wondering if in OH3 would be possible to have (or maybe it’s already there and I’ve missed it?) a native widget in order to input something into a string item, or a “time” item.

Looking at the forum it seems like I’m not the only one in this need.

Thank you.

A.

Have you tried replicating this in OH3 to see if it is still possible in the Basic UI there?

As a matter of fact no…I’m playing with the “pages” section…I thought the Basic UI was the legacy (2.5) one and not to be considered as the raccomended one to use…just my thought based on the fact you can find it in “other services” section.

I just started looking at OH3 and got as car as recreating my sitemap in the Basic UI. From the Pages menu you have the option of creating a sitemap. From the main screen. the Basic UI is accessible from the upper right menu.

Thank you,
I will take a look at Basic UI too to see if there’s something new :slight_smile:

I figured I would start with the Basic UI and then try to grasp the new pages.

[wiki] Getting Started with OH3: rewriting the tutorial - 1. Introduction and [wiki] Getting Started with OH3: rewriting the tutorial - 1. Introduction might help fill in some of the gaps.

My understanding is BasicUI and .sitemap files should work the same as they always have. Pages are something different and in some ways much more complex and also much more capable. There should be a way to build managed sitemaps in the new UI but I don’t think that feature has been released yet. If you’ve ever played with HABot Pages will feel somewhat familiar.

It’s there.

You should be able to reach your goal with the new UI now, thanks to the work of @ysc - have a look at this example: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-webui/pull/356

1 Like

Thank you!
It surely will do!