OH3 UI slow on Android app

I use Android Tablets as Wall-Panels. With Habpanel, they all performed fine.
I recently switched from Habpanel to the OH3 MainUI on those tablets. Now the tablets performance is really slow when changing to a different PAGE on the UI. Is this a general issue?

1 Like

what version are you using? I noticed it was slow after installing RC1 but did not test 3.2m5 so not sure if it is new on my system.

Related (with no solution)

I am on 3.2.0 M5.
What I found was that the Android App performs ok on my System, as long as you stay within one PAGE. Every PAGE change takes multiple seconds, I think the duration is dependent on the complexity of the target PAGE.
The duration also depends a bit on the power of the Android device. On my Galaxy Tab 7+, it is a bit faster than on my “Dragontouch” budget devices.
Those Dragontouch devices had worked fine though with Habpanel in the past.

I found that everything is superfast on iOS (regardless of which browser you use) (tested on iPhone 11).

HI,

same to me. I’m on 3.1.1 and I’m using different clients from win10 machines to android. As the pages are getting bigger, the performance when changing a page get’s very low. I’m looking forward to 3.2 release, hopefully the Javascript code will be faster than in 3.1.

Nope, same behavior in 3.2…

Has anybody seen an improvement in the meantime. Any improvement with 3.3 Milestone?
My pages are almost unuseable on my Android Wall tablets - still on 3.2. Stable.

I got a new Android phone and it is not slow on this but still slow on the tablet. It may be that an old tablet does not support what is needed. If it can be fixed by turning a feature off or installing an update to enable accelerations in the tablet I don’t know. Best to contact the person that develops the app. I have not looked into it as I don’t use the tablet past basic testing and very rarely.

Now on 3.4.0.M6 it is still extremely slow. (switching between pages takes 10 seconds and sometimes even more).
I´m wondering why there not more posts about the slow UI. For me it is unusably slow and so I now switched back to basic UI.
(I´m running OH in docker on a strong server)

For me not exactly the same case but also slow…around 2s to switch sometimes. It depends also on the amount of items you have included. Just thought about switching to HA because at first the app that also just renders a web page looked far more responsive but after including most of my items it was some kind even more worse than OH. I don’t know why many people like HA as it means for me that those guys have not that much items included. I am like you still on basic UI as it is pretty fast but not that good looking. I am talking here about ~350 items.

I see.
I have around 3400 items in OH and about 20 to 100 items in each page.

Has anyone asked the people that contribute code to the app? Anyone created a github issue? If so provide some links so people can find them. This makes sure any maintainers can see an issue and that multiple users are affected.

As mentioned in my post above in the past I found an android phone was nice and fast whilst an older tablet was unusably slow. I have not tried in many releases to know if it is still the case as I only pull the tablet out to do tests when I create a new widget to see how it stretches and fits on different sized screens.

Jep, there is