OH3: Volume control „Master“ is missing

I started a ticket on github:
https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/1237

1 Like

bash scripts are also not working. same to you?
currently investigating in this problem…
seems that openhabian 1.6.2 is a little bit buggy…

To be honest, it isn’t verry stable in my opinion. but maybe i’m doing some things wrong.

Im struggling a lot since upgrade at least.

Bash is working for me by the way. I use it as : executeCommand(“bash”,“somefile.sh”) > and added it to the whitelist without bash.

But as now I experience:

• Logtail is gone after restart openhab > have to reinstall it every time via openhabian-config
  • Google Cloud TTS doesn’t work after reboot (just hear noise or nothing), this was a part of the problem above, i thought it was the sound config, but it was both…
  • executeCommand doesn’t show anything in the log

are bash scripts working from command line?

Yup, i have a simple script to read a folders contents. Tried it just now and it works. doesn’t bash work at your installation?

not from command line. I need to run each script with bash scriptfile.sh instead of scriptfile.sh

sorry, did not understand you meant with bash in front of it. Yeah i need to run with bash in front of it:

[15:30:19] openhabian@openHABianDevice:/var/lib/openhab$ bash loc.sh
  7504 total
[15:30:22] openhabian@openHABianDevice:/var/lib/openhab$ loc.sh     
-bash: loc.sh: command not found

ok - same to you again. I start another thread for this. don’t know what to do here.
and thanks for double checking

For your volume issue, no. For others, yes.

1 Like

Having similar issues, OH3 fresh install, Raspberry Pi 4. The command line:

amixer sset Headphone 100%

worked, and I have sound now, but still get this warning:

[WARN ] [nternal.javasound.JavaSoundAudioSink] - Cannot determine master volume level - assuming 100%

My audio device also reports that is it Mono.

1 Like

Take

"enhancedjavasound"

out! that at least for me fixed the problem.
Not sure why it is needed at all.

enhancedjavasound has mp3 support.
However, openhab:audio sinks shows that enhancedjavasound is available

I took “enhancedjavasound” out, the error “Cannot determine master volume level - assuming 100%” still appears.
Using executeComman is only a nice workaround.
A real solution would be nice. I think it should work with openhabian on standard hardware (pi4).

1 Like

is there any progress…having the same error log in OH3 since migration. Annoying as definitely there needs to be something changed…but what.

It completely ignores my: setMasterVolume(new PercentType(60))
and goes out with 100% + Error Warning like mentioned many times above…

2 Likes

I, too, am suffering from this error

[WARN ] [nternal.javasound.JavaSoundAudioSink] - Cannot determine master volume level - assuming 100%

Whenever a rule calls for a sound to play. Rule written in MainUI with .mp3 file hosted on the Raspi4 and sink as ‘System Speaker’ volume at 100. Raspi-config audio setting pointed at headphones. Audio jack to speaker - never heard a sound

1 Like

Anybody knows solution?