[OH3] zigbee things not detected

OpenHabian on RPi2 OH3 with Bitron AV2010 (ember coordinator)

I can’t get Things to be detected

I picked up some Ikea Tradfri dimmable lights (LED1623G12) and dimmer controllers as they’re supposed to speak zigbee and not require ikea’s controller.

The zigbee bridge says it is connected in the dashboard, but neither the lights nor the controller seem to see each other. The only logs I’ve seen show the coordinator starting up but no device activity.

1 Like

What exactly do you mean with this? You started a Zigbee scan, but the devices are not shown up in your inbox?

What bridge are you referring to?

What you need to do is:

• Start a Zigbee scan
  • Reset the Device go go in paring mode (must happen during the scan)
  • You should see new devices in your inbox
1 Like

I can confirm this bug mentioned in OP. I followed the steps as before (start scan, put device in pairing mode). Worked in OH 2.5, doesn’t work now (even current snapshots). Things do not appear (Aqara Temperature & Humidity, Ikea Tradfri). No relevant errors in logs.

I added some zigbee devices successfully, so it cant be a generic issue.
As you used your Aqara devices already in OH2.5, I guess you know they are not following the zigbee standard and you need to push the button every second during the scan.

What you could try is to:

• Delete the related thing (if any)
  • Delete related XML file from the zigbee cache (XML-file in zigbee directory)
  • Restart OH
  • Try again to pair the device
1 Like

Interesting tips, thank you. Tried that, doesn’t work. I’m aware that Aqara are not reliable. Tried Ikea Tradfri Repeater, visual pairing LED stays in pairing mode. I’m on the verge of migrating my zigbee stuff to zigbee2mqtt, but would like to avoid the added complexity if possible. Any more hints? Thanks in advance

What exactly do you mean with this? You started a Zigbee scan, but the devices are not shown up in your inbox?

Yes

What bridge are you referring to?

zigbee:coordinator_ember:… says it’s online

What you need to do is:

• Start a Zigbee scan
  • Reset the Device go go in paring mode (must happen during the scan)
  • You should see new devices in your inbox

That’s how I did it. Nothing showed up.

1 Like