Once more, my.openHab offline

Hi,

okay I found a lot topics about offline my.openhab services, but no one meets my problem.

I’m running openHab v1.8.3 on an raspbian jessy
I installed it by:

sudo apt-get install openhab-runtime
sudo apt-get install openhab-addon-io-myopenhab

the final locations of files are

configuration 	->	/etc/openhab  
openHAB engine 	->	/usr/share/openhab  
addons		->	/usr/share/openhab  
webapps folder	->	/usr/share/openhab 

The addons folder is showing a file named like:

org.openhab.io.myopenhab-1.8.3.jar

I’m not sure if this was deployed during installation, today!?

I followed the instructions of my.openHab.org,

• entered the uuid and the secret,
  • verified it twice,
  • edited the openhab.cfg:
    security:option=EXTERNAL security:netmask=192.168.28.0/24
  • restarted the service several times, tried reboot
  • double-checked both

But my.openHab.org portal (after login, email verification successfull!) shows “openHab offline”

local access to openHab:
http://<raspberryIP>:8080/openhab.app?sitemap=Haus

works fine!

• I tried portforwarding even if its not in the docs!!! -> no success!!
  • I tried shutdown of router-firewall!!! -> no success!!

unfortunately, I can’t find any entry of “my.openhab” in the openhab.log

Therfore I’m totaly lost…

any help would be very appreciated!!
Thank you in advance!!!

Create a myopenhab.persist file. I’m not certain it is required but it is the first thing I would try. If you don’t actually want to share anything with my.openhab, you can create a gMyOpenhab group, don’t assign any Items to that Group, and in your myopenhab.persist file persist gMyOpenhab*.

… and make sure you have a java version greater 101 since the certs have changed recently and do not work with older java versions …

Sorry,

but due to the fact I’m a real beginner, I don’t understand anything!
I know what persitance is, but what is supposed to be in there, when no items are assinged to that group???

How do I check my Java-Version?

Nothing is in there. My working theory is that my.openhab doesn’t actually establish the connection between your instance of openHAB and the my.openhab servers without the myopenhab.persist file. As far as I know you can’t have a persistence file without an Items section. So if you persist gMyOpenhab* that lets you create a valid myopenhab.persist file without exposing any of your Items to the my.openhab servers.

It also sets you up to be able to choose which Items DO get shared by simply adding or removing them to the gMyOpenhab group.

Strategies {
        default = everyUpdate
}

Items {
        gMyOpenhab* : strategy = everyUpdate
}
java -version

java version "1.8.0_65" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_65-b17) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.65-b01, mixed mode)

how can I update it?

You need to upgrade to at least 1.8.0_101

okay how to do that? sorry!

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-jdk Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done oracle-java8-jdk is already the newest version. The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: libgssapi3-heimdal libheimntlm0-heimdal libxfce4ui-1-0 xfce-keyboard-shortcuts Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 19 not upgraded.

no effect! :frowning:
whats wrong?

okay found My.openhab.org is online // iOS app doesn't show sitemap -> Solution: Java update!

your update instructions!
I hope I did not kill my openHab installation! …didn’t backup the Raspi…

hold on

Hallelujah!!!

I runs! now finally I’m online!