One Item (Switch) for Switching to different items in parallel, based shelly's switches (shelly1)

As I wrote before, PaperUI was not created as a control UI, therefore the control section was disabled for quite a while. Furthermore, it is deprecated, as we will have a complete new UI with the upcoming openHAB 3.x (Don’t ask for an eta, no fixed schedule right now)
If you carefully read the documentation, you will find it saying that items should be defined in .items files even this can be done in PaperUI.

Hello hmerk.

Thanks for the Update. :slight_smile:
So, in this case I need to wait for OH 3.x
Anyhow, as you can see from my screenshot the Item, only with a name were created.
And now? how can I bind in PaperUI on this item something? How can I bring this visible in the any of the existing out of the box UI’s or bring them e.g. on Android, as a one press feature.

Real helpful would be a kind step by stem discription, an perfect some screen shots in kind of tutorial.

BR
Scheuerer

It is all in this thread.

You need to create a rule, either NGRE or old rules DSL like the following

rule "Some Label"
when 
     Item GartenGaragentor received command
then
       <Your logic goes in here>
end

Hello hmerk,

the rule is there.
How can I bring the rule a “one Button press” on the mobile?
I the Adroid version I see only my things and thoose features.

You should read the documentation!
If you are talking about the Android openHAB app, this one is visualizing a sitemap and will NOT contain any Thing, only Items are displayed. Such is written in detail in the documentation.

1 Like