One of my Steinel IS 140-2 Z-Wave is not working

Really I don’t think this is an issue with ZWave. The devices (both of them) are responding and reporting that they are doing what is requested. They always respond quickly to all commands, and they are reporting that the state of the switch is switching. You are seeing this also in the fact that the relay state changes state a second or so after you send the command - this is a state update from the device.

Unless there is something very strange going on with the device, I’m really not sure what else it can be other than a configuration issue.

Are you really sure you are resetting the device and reincluding it? If you were, then when you reinclude it it would have a new ID - eg - 5, then if you do it again it will be 6, then 7, etc. Given that the devices are nodes 3 and 4, maybe it’s not been excluded and reset?

1 Like

Hi Chris,

the next strange thing happened:

It is working now!

But don’t ask why - I did not change anything!

I went outide for a walk - and when I came back and checked in HABmin again - all switches are working now.

I will watch this carefully - I dont’ really trust what I see now.

But what I see from time to time is that the buttons and states disappear in HABmin (as I mentioned much earliere today

:

And after a while, if I refresh HABmin things page I get back these information.
Do you know why that happens?

Good idea :slight_smile:

To me it seems like there might be some sort of timer - did you check the “Twilight” mode I mentioned earlier?

No - HABmin is not maintained and I’ve not personally looked at it for quite some time now. It’s possibly just a web page issue - maybe the timing of information passed between OH and HABmin so nothing seriously wrong with the system most likely.

‘Twilight mode’ I did not check yet. Maybe it’s worse it to do so.
But the manual is not quite helpful, it shows just some simple settings.
But I will try to get behind the secret :wink:

I want to say thank you very much for your help and patience!
Really great to have someone on my side!

Thanks a lot, and if I get further problems or maybe any solution I will come back…

1 Like

They often arent…

I just read the description of the issue above in the manual -:

Twilight setting in night-time mode during day-time operation

Good luck working out what that means :slight_smile:

1 Like