One-Wire Binding + iButton

Hi all together,

currently Iā€™m playing around in a test scenario regarding the iButton from Wiregate.

My goal is to use the iButton as an access control but Iā€™m facing two strange things, so I would like to discuss this with others out there using the iButton or maybe even with the ones developing the One-Wire Binding.

First one is a bit cosmetic. Due to the fact that each of the iButton Holders has its own Device-ID, I need to poll all possible Device-IDā€™s of all my iButton Holders, regardless the Device-ID exists or not. If sometimes a Device-ID can be reached, I read out the unique identification key and grant access or not. This scenario causes hard exceptions in the log although this is a best practise scenario for iButtons. I mean itā€™s not an error if one or two or all Device-IDs of my iButtons canā€™t be reached. Wouldnā€™t it be more sensible only to log something like a Debug information in this case? This would avoid flooding the log with errors which arenā€™t really ones.

Second one has something to do with caching I think. The problem is that either the One-Wire Binding or the OWServer needs to much time to realize that a iButton Holder/Device-ID isnā€™t available anymore. It takes something about 120 seconds in the log file until the One-Wire Binding logs a missing Device-ID after I remove the iButton Holder from the iButton Probe. This is much to long because it would mean, I cannot open the door again within this 120 seconds with one and the same iButton Holder. Okay, could also be a feature :wink: But I would like to reduce this at about 30 seconds.

Iā€™m looking forward to discuss this and possible other iButton scenarios with others out there.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Artur

Really nobody??? :joy:

Any hints where to find the developing group of OWServer oder One-Wire Binding?

Best regards,
Artur

Hi,

discussed in german: http://knx-user-forum.de/forum/supportforen/openhab/880476-openhab-onewire-ibutton

Greetings
Dennis

Hi,

for iButton support, i added a new parameter to supress read-error log entries, if an iButton is not present.

Parameter: ignoreReadErrors

Example
String OneWireKeyBlack ā€œSchlĆ¼ssel Schwarz [%s]ā€ <key> {onewire=ā€œdeviceId=01.234567890000;propertyName=r_id;refreshinterval=2;ignoreReadErrorsā€}

Test Version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrwe67zp2b4i9zo/org.openhab.binding.onewire_1.8.0.201512072256.jar?dl=0

Please test an give feedback, before i will create a PullRequest.

For iButton support, please look at the owserver parameter timeout_presence (Seconds until the presence and bus location of a 1-wire device expires in the cache). It defaults to 120 seconds. Maybe you habe to shorten this value.

Greetings
Dennis

Hi,

i created a PullRequest: https://github.com/openhab/openhab/pull/3534

Greetings
Dennis

Hello,

did you install the owfs package (RPi) or just the binding? If yes, how does it look?
(it would be very helpful if you can answer me as fast as you can)

Best regards