One zwave node changes directly state of another node

Hi,

yesterday I was playing with rules. I’ve created some of them etc. And they were working. Today I’ve noticed that one of my node changes directly state of another node.

My configuration:

• Base station: RPi with OpenHab 2.3.0
  • My Z-Wave serial device: Z-Stick Gen5 from Aeotec
  • Some Z-Wave devices (Coolcam Door/Window sensors, Coolcam Wallplugs, Fibaro Wallplug)

The problem is that one of my Door/Window mounted at entry doors sensors changes directly state of my Fibaro Wallplug (I’ve noticed that when my wife called me to tell that there is no internet, no tv, no light and some other stuff).

The rules directory is empty - I’ve removed all rules but the problem still occurs. When entry doors are open then TV is working but it’s quite embarrassing to open entry doors to flat when I want to use internet and watch TV.

What can cause direct connection?

Logs from event.log:

2018-11-06 16:27:46.107 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_1667dd5e74f_node3_sensor_door changed from CLOSED to OPEN
2018-11-06 16:27:46.190 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_1667dd5e74f_node2_switch_binary changed from OFF to ON
2018-11-06 16:27:47.969 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_1667dd5e74f_node3_sensor_door changed from OPEN to CLOSED
2018-11-06 16:27:48.057 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - zwave_device_1667dd5e74f_node2_switch_binary changed from ON to OFF

In openhab.log there were some exceptions but not when state of plug and sensor was changed.

openhab.log

2018-11-06 16:09:41.440 [ERROR] [e.internal.WriterInterceptorExecutor] - MessageBodyWriter not found for media type=text/plain, type=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection, genericType=class java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection.

If your rules are removed, this could be occurring due to one or more devices having an association to the wallplug. Each device can have more than one association group too, so check all of them. ssociations are very handy and quick (communication is between the devices), when intended :slight_smile:.

Unfortunately not. Every device is associated only with OpenHAB Controller. Other association groups are empty. In Fibaro plug it’s called “Lifeline” and in Coolcam is just named Group 1.