OneWire GPIO Binding is missing in OH2.2 Paper UI

Hi all,
I cannot find it in the list. What’s wrong? Please advice!

Thanks in advance,
Pirx
BTW: Include Legacy 1.x … is of course enabled …

1 Like

Can you see any 1.x bindings in Add-ons or only 2.x?
Have you choosed Simple at initial Setup?

I can see them all. No, I haven’t chosen minimal at initial Setup!
Just had a chat with a friend with a OH2.2 installation. He can’t see the OneWire GPIO as well. Hence it is not an isolated issue.

At least in 2.3 snapshot it’s available :sunglasses:

Wow! Sounds good :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
How to load the OneWireGPIO binding V2.3 separately ?

BTW: what’s behind the “GPIO Binding”? I can see it in may OH 2.2 as well. When I click on the name “Error: 404” appears !?

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB1-Addons/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.onewire/

Both problems sound like you have a basic problem with your overall openHAB setup.

Thanks, but you gave me a wrong link. This link is correct
https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB2-Bundles/lastStableBuild/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.onewiregpio/

To the second point: no, I don’t think so. There is simply no content behind … https://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/gpio/readme.html

Pirx

Upps, s**t happens …:rofl:

Maybe you are on a buggy version, it works fine with the latest snapshot.
Have fun.

I installed OneWire GPIO binding V2.3 manually and now it works !

We can close this thread.
Many thanks for support!

1 Like

@Pirx could You please share items and sitemap? I’m struggling with DS18B20 sensors, and I can’t get them to work. I’m just starting with openHAB and raspberry, so probably I messed something up :confused:
Z góry wielkie dzięki :slight_smile:

Sure Misiu, but I‘m just at the airport and will return tomorrow afternoon. Hence allow a delay of 20 hours to respond to your request :pray: I will help you then!
In the meantime … : are you able to read the OneWire device on OS level with ‚cat‘ ?

@Pirx yes, I am able to list devices inside /sys/bus/w1/devices. I’ve follower steps here, basically I’ve added:

dtoverlay=w1-gpio,gpiopin=4

to config.txt

when I ls in that dir I get:

28-0316b15eb8ff 28-0316b18032ff w1_bus_master1

@Misiu, now I’m back home and can help you.
Lets go step by step:

1. when you execute the following command on the shell, do you get an response similar to this one (I assume the link is correct!?)

cat /sys/bus/w1/devices/w1_bus_master1/28-0316b15eb8ff/w1_slave
3e 01 ff ff 7f ff ff ff b3 : crc=b3 YES
3e 01 ff ff 7f ff ff ff b3 t=19875

btw “t=19875” eqauls to temperature of 19.875 °C

2. Now, you should check weather the Binding is installed and active. Open the karaf console and do the following… Tell me the output

openhab> bundle:list | grep OneWireGPIO                                                                                                                                       
235 │ Active   │  80 │ 2.3.0.201801282104     │ OneWireGPIO Binding

Is the answer similar?

3. If everything is OK so far you can edit /etc/openhab2/things/yourfilename.things and add the following line

onewiregpio:sensor:myroomsensor "Temp. My Room" [gpio_bus_file="/sys/bus/w1/devices/w1_bus_master1/28-0316b15eb8ff/w1_slave",refresh_time=30]

For steps 3 and 4 it’s recommanded to have a karaf console opened in another shell window and constantly observe the log (command log:tail) . When you save the things and the items file you can see weather any errors or warnings appear caused by wrong entries you did !

4. Add now an Item in the /etc/openhab2/items/yourfilename.items

Number Temp_MyRoom "Temp. My Room [%.1f °C]" <temperature>  { channel="onewiregpio:sensor:myroomsensor:temperature" }

5. wait 30 seconds and execute in the karaf console the following

openhab> items list | grep Temp_MyRoom
Temp_MyRoom (Type=NumberItem, State=19.875, Label=Temp. My Room, Category=temperature)

If it works, you are ready to create a visualisation with Sitemap or HAPpanel or whatever you are using.
The second sensor can be added in the similar way.

Pozdrowienia!
Pirx

@Pirx thank You for Your time.
I found the cause of my problem.
I’ve followed steps from here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/binding/org.openhab.binding.onewiregpio

in things configuration there is this entry:

Thing onewiregpio:sensor:livingRoom “Living room” [gpio_bus_file="/sys/bus/w1/devices/28-0000061b587b/w1_slave",refresh_time=30]

but in items file there is this entry:

Number LivingRoomTemperature “Temperature: [%.2f °C]” { channel=“onewiregpio:sensor:livingroom:temperature” }

so when I replaced capital R with lower r everything started working :slight_smile:

aaah. very good. You’ve found it.

Take care Misiu!
Pirx