Onkyo Serial binding serial port connect error

I am having trouble getting the Onkyo serial binding to work after reloading Openhabian following a corrupted SD card. Any thoughts what could be wrong with my config or what to troubleshoot next?

I have the DSC binding running on /dev/ttyUSB1 so I believe the 4 port USB serial adaptor to be working. I can also get the DSC IT-100 to work on /dev/ttyUSB0.
‘udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/ttyUSBx)’ returns the following but I’m not sure how to enter this into ‘/etc/udev/rules.d/99-com.rules’ and I suspect this not to be the problem as /dev/ttyUSB1 (DSC alarm) continues to work after reboot.

KERNELS=="ttyUSB0"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb-serial"
    DRIVERS=="mos7840"
    ATTRS{port_number}=="0"

KERNELS=="ttyUSB1"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb-serial"
    DRIVERS=="mos7840"
    ATTRS{port_number}=="1"

KERNELS=="ttyUSB2"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb-serial"
    DRIVERS=="mos7840"
    ATTRS{port_number}=="2"

KERNELS=="ttyUSB3"
    SUBSYSTEMS=="usb-serial"
    DRIVERS=="mos7840"
    ATTRS{port_number}=="3"

I have read https://www.openhab.org/docs/administration/serial.html but I either don’t understand it or it doesn’t help.

I am aware that I am using a version 1 binding and would be happy to upgrade if the new binding supported serial communication. See my request here:
Continuing the discussion from Poll: Which OH1.x addons do you use?:

The documentation for this binding appears to have been removed so I found it in the Web Archive here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20181111231601/https://www.openhab.org/addons/bindings/onkyo1/

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB
    • Java Runtime Environment: Openhabian default
    • openHAB version: 2.5.10
  • Issue of the topic: serial port connect error gnu.io.NoSuchPortException: null
  • Please post configurations (if applicable):
    • Items configuration related to the issue
Switch onkyoPower          "Power"                   {onkyo="INIT:hometheater:POWER_QUERY, ON:hometheater:POWER_ON, OFF:hometheater:POWER_OFF"}
  • Sitemap configuration related to the issue
Switch    item=onkyoPower label="Onkyo"
  • Rules code related to the issue - items don’t work without rules
  • Services configuration related to the issue
    Onkyo.cfg
hometheater.serialPortName=/dev/ttyUSB0
  • If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
2021-03-16 00:24:41.499 [ERROR] [ing.onkyo.internal.eiscp.EiscpSerial] - serial port connect error
gnu.io.NoSuchPortException: null
	at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifier(CommPortIdentifier.java:273) ~[bundleFile:3.15.0.OH2]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.eiscp.EiscpSerial.connect(EiscpSerial.java:88) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.eiscp.EiscpSerial.connectSocket(EiscpSerial.java:78) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.eiscp.EiscpSerial.sendCommand(EiscpSerial.java:170) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.OnkyoConnection.send(OnkyoConnection.java:74) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.OnkyoBinding.internalReceiveCommand(OnkyoBinding.java:157) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractBinding.receiveCommand(AbstractBinding.java:97) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:49) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.runWithoutBlacklistTiming(HandlerTask.java:82) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.SyncDeliverTasks.execute(SyncDeliverTasks.java:104) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.AsyncDeliverTasks$TaskExecuter.run(AsyncDeliverTasks.java:166) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_265]
2021-03-16 00:24:41.506 [ERROR] [ing.onkyo.internal.eiscp.EiscpSerial] - Send failed..{}
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.eiscp.EiscpSerial.sendCommand(EiscpSerial.java:175) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.OnkyoConnection.send(OnkyoConnection.java:74) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.onkyo.internal.OnkyoBinding.internalReceiveCommand(OnkyoBinding.java:157) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractBinding.receiveCommand(AbstractBinding.java:97) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:49) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.runWithoutBlacklistTiming(HandlerTask.java:82) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.SyncDeliverTasks.execute(SyncDeliverTasks.java:104) [bundleFile:?]
	at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.AsyncDeliverTasks$TaskExecuter.run(AsyncDeliverTasks.java:166) [bundleFile:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_265]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_265]