Open deCONZ frome remote client

hallo, as suggest @Thedannymullen I’m trying to open my deConz installed on a raspberry (openhabian) from my client (ubuntu 20) but I have some problem. the app starts but cannot connect to the dongle and says “not connect”. on the cli side I can read some error but they appear to be some graphic issue

libEGL warning: DRI3: failed to query the version
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
libEGL warning: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)

libEGL warning: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/dri:\$${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)

libEGL warning: DRI3: failed to query the version
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 1 (BadRequest), sequence: 410, resource id: 1411, major code: 155 (Unknown), minor code: 1

You need to start the gui on the raspberry, not on your Ubuntu client! Try to connect by ssh with X11 forwarding enabled to the raspberry like this:

$ ssh -X <raspberry ip>
$ echo $DISPLAY

If the output of the last command looks similar to “localhost:10.0” you’re on a good way and can try to start the deCONZ client. Before this you have to make sure that there is no deCONZ process running in the background (do this on the raspberry):

$ ps -ef | grep -i deconz

The resulting output should be empty or should contain only the process of the running “grep -i deconz” command. If it’s not empty you should stop the deCONZ service with:

$ sudo systemtctl stop deCONZ

Then you should be able to start the deCONZ gui with:

$ sudo -E deCONZ

If the output of the “echo $DISPLAY” command is empty, you have to configure your ssh server and client so X11 forwarding works…

kind regards,

Christoph

1 Like

the problem was the service started on the raspberry. Thak you so much!
I do a recap:

ssh -X <raspberry ip>
sudo systemtctl stop deconz (without capital lecters)
sudo -E deCONZ
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.