Open UV binding - configuration error

Hello,
some days ago I found this new binding and I decided to add it to my Openhab system. I downloaded the jar file from the cloudbees related page and I followed the instruction I found in the documentation, but the items don’t get populated and remain empty.
In the Configuration-Thing page of Paper UI I can see that the bridge remains in “offline status”, and if I click on it I can see this texts:

OpenUV Api
Open UV API
Bridge to the OpenUV Project API. In order to receive the data, you must register an account on OpenUV - Global Real-Time UV Index API | OpenUV.io and get your API token.
“Status: OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR @text/offline.comm-error-running-request”

Here are the configuration files I set:

• things file

Bridge openuv:openuvapi:local “OpenUV Api” [apikey=“XXXXXXXXXX”] {
Thing uvreport house “OpenUV Location” [location=“47.982866,4.439998,304”, refresh=10]
}

where insted of XXXXXXXXXX I inserted the apykey I got after registering in the openuv web page.

• items file

Number Weather_LocationOUV_UvIndex {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:UVIndex”}
DateTime Weather_LocationOUV_UvIndexTime {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:UVTime”}
Number Weather_LocationOUV_UvMax {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:UVMax”}
DateTime Weather_LocationOUV_UvMaxTime {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:UVMaxTime”}
Number Weather_LocationOUV_Ozone {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:Ozone”}
DateTime Weather_LocationOUV_OzoneTime {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:OzoneTime”}
Color Weather_LocationOUV_UvColor {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:UVColor”}
Number Weather_LocationOUV_SafeExposure {channel=“openuv:uvreport:local:house:SafeExposure”}

• sitemap file

Frame label=“Open UV” {
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_UvIndex
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_UvIndexTime
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_UvMax
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_UvMaxTime
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_Ozone
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_OzoneTime
Colorpicker item=Weather_LocationOUV_UvColor
Text item=Weather_LocationOUV_SafeExposure
}

I first downloaded the #406, then the #408 and now the #410 build but I keep on experiencing the same problem. I initially wrote a post in this discussion ([SOLVED] Location of OpenUV binding?) but maybe I was a little off-topic and it was already closed, so I decided to open this new discussion.
Has anybody any idea about the reason why this binding is not working with my configuration?
Bye.

Marco

Have you tried to just set it up in paper Ui without a things file and or also tried to use the API Key on their site with their API to make sure the API key is valid?

Yes Tebore,
I’ve already tried to set up the bridge just in Paper UI but I get the same problem: the bridge stays in status “offline” and if I click it I get the “OFFLINE - CONFIGURATION_ERROR @text/offline.comm-error-running-request” message.

Because of that I thought I made something wrong with the apikey configuration parameter, but I’m not really sure about how to test it.
If I log into the openuv.io webpage, in the main page “OpenUV Dev Console”, at the end of the “request” sector I can click the “test” button and in the right part of the page I can see the JSON Response: it gives me no error and I can see the UV parameters related to my location highlighted in blue.
I tried to log in using another google account too, and I experience the same behaviour: in the openuv webpage everything seems allright but in openhab I get “configuration error”.

I can think about two alternatives:

• my apikey(s) are not valid and I don’t know how to test it(them) in a good way;
  • I set or write in a wrong way the bridge configuration parameters.

Hello, I managed to verify that my API Key is correct and working: I opened a terminal and (after solving some issues installing and unistalling curl more times) I gave the command

curl -X GET ‘https://api.openuv.io/api/v1/uv?lat=-33.34&lng=115.342’ -H ‘x-access-token: Your_API_Key’

receiving the expected json response about the UV Index condition in my location.
So, my API Key works good, but the Openhab binding keeps on giving me the same problems of before.
In the log file I can read this kind of text:

11-Oct-2018 20:22:10.046 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent STOPPING - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:10.050 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=366, service.bundleid=246, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.OpenUVHandlerFactory, component.id=240} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:10.055 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler] - Disposing the OpenUV handler.
11-Oct-2018 20:22:10.079 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=367, service.bundleid=246, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:10.087 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent UNREGISTERING - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=369, service.bundleid=246, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:10.091 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent STOPPED - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:36.364 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent [unknown:512] - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:39.449 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:39.451 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:22:39.460 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=151, service.bundleid=246, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.OpenUVHandlerFactory, component.id=23} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:24:03.101 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=275, service.bundleid=246, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
11-Oct-2018 20:24:03.119 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVBridgeHandler] - Initializing OpenUV API bridge handler.
11-Oct-2018 20:24:04.767 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVBridgeHandler] - Disabling thing ‘openuv:openuvapi:local’: Error ‘Error running OpenUV API request’: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
11-Oct-2018 20:24:04.810 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler] - Initializing OpenUV handler.

Maybe is it an issue about SSL?

Hello,

I recently upgraded my home automation system running on a Raspberry 3 with Raspbian to Openhab 2.4, so I could install the OpenUV binding directly from PaperUI (before I had to download and to copy the jar file to the addons folder), but I still experience the problem I had before with this binding.

As I wrote in the post before I’ve already managed to call with success the API from the terminal of Raspbian, using this command:

curl -X GET ‘https://api.openuv.io/api/v1/uv?lat=47.982866&lng=7.439998’ -H ‘x-access-token: XXXXXXXXXX’

so I’m sure my APIKey is correct and working.

My item file is this one (in this while I changed some minor parameters but the significant ones are still the same as the first post):

Bridge openuv:openuvapi:local “UV Server” @ “Location” [apikey=“XXXXXXXXXX”] {
Thing uvreport house “UV Station - Location” @ “Location” [location=“47.982866,7.439998,304”, refresh=60]
}

but the bridge stays offline with the “configuration_error” label and the thing stays offline with the “communication_error” label. The linked items don’t get populated and the log file content is this one:

12-Jan-2019 13:27:28.182 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.openuv
12-Jan-2019 13:27:28.218 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=403, service.bundleid=238, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.OpenUVHandlerFactory, component.id=259} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
12-Jan-2019 13:27:28.219 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.openuv
12-Jan-2019 13:28:54.379 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.openuv ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=423, service.bundleid=238, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.openuv
12-Jan-2019 13:28:54.409 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVBridgeHandler] - Initializing OpenUV API bridge handler.
12-Jan-2019 13:28:55.219 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVBridgeHandler] - Disabling thing ‘openuv:openuvapi:local’: Error ‘Error running OpenUV API request’: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
12-Jan-2019 13:28:55.234 [DEBUG] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler] - Initializing OpenUV handler.
12-Jan-2019 13:28:55.586 [ERROR] [inding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler] - Exception occurred during execution: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrlAndGetReponse(HttpUtil.java:259) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:156) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrl(HttpUtil.java:131) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVBridgeHandler.getUVData(OpenUVBridgeHandler.java:140) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler.getOpenUVData(OpenUVReportHandler.java:233) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler.updateChannels(OpenUVReportHandler.java:125) ~[?:?]
at org.openhab.binding.openuv.internal.handler.OpenUVReportHandler.lambda$1(OpenUVReportHandler.java:118) ~[?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.getResult(FutureResponseListener.java:118) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.util.FutureResponseListener.get(FutureResponseListener.java:101) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpRequest.send(HttpRequest.java:684) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.HttpUtil.executeUrlAndGetReponse(HttpUtil.java:250) ~[?:?]
… 13 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.checkThrown(Handshaker.java:1431) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.checkTaskThrown(SSLEngineImpl.java:535) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:813) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:781) ~[?:?]
at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:624) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$DecryptedEndPoint.fill(SslConnection.java:681) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpReceiverOverHTTP.process(HttpReceiverOverHTTP.java:128) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpReceiverOverHTTP.receive(HttpReceiverOverHTTP.java:73) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpChannelOverHTTP.receive(HttpChannelOverHTTP.java:133) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpConnectionOverHTTP.onFillable(HttpConnectionOverHTTP.java:155) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:281) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:102) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection.onFillable(SslConnection.java:291) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$3.succeeded(SslConnection.java:151) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:118) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:762) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:680) ~[?:?]
… 1 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: General SSLEngine problem
at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1728) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:304) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:296) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1509) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:216) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:979) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$1.run(Handshaker.java:919) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$1.run(Handshaker.java:916) ~[?:?]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$DelegatedTask.run(Handshaker.java:1369) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$DecryptedEndPoint.fill(SslConnection.java:775) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpReceiverOverHTTP.process(HttpReceiverOverHTTP.java:128) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpReceiverOverHTTP.receive(HttpReceiverOverHTTP.java:73) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpChannelOverHTTP.receive(HttpChannelOverHTTP.java:133) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpConnectionOverHTTP.onFillable(HttpConnectionOverHTTP.java:155) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:281) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection.onFillable(SslConnection.java:291) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$3.succeeded(SslConnection.java:151) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:762) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:680) ~[?:?]
… 1 more
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:387) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:281) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:136) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.internal.ExtensibleTrustManager.checkServerTrusted(ExtensibleTrustManager.java:118) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1496) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:216) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection$DecryptedEndPoint.fill(SslConnection.java:775) ~[?:?]
… 1 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.build(SunCertPathBuilder.java:146) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(SunCertPathBuilder.java:131) ~[?:?]
at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:280) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(PKIXValidator.java:382) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(PKIXValidator.java:292) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:260) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:324) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:281) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(X509TrustManagerImpl.java:136) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.net.http.internal.ExtensibleTrustManager.checkServerTrusted(ExtensibleTrustManager.java:118) ~[?:?]
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:1496) ~[?:?]
… 1 more

Am I the only one experiencing this issue? Do you have any idea about the reason and the solution of this problem?

@emme-oh

ciao Marco, still in trouble? Please let me know

thanks
Andrea

Ciao Andrea,

yes I keep on having the same problem with the OpenUV binding. As I explained before nothing got better with the change from Openhab 2.3 (stable version - when I copied the OpenUV jar file into the addons folder) to Openhab 2.4 (stable versione - when I intalled the OpenUV binding directly with PaperUI).

Maybe that’s not an issue about this specific binding, but something related to the OS or the Openhab installation, but the result that I experience - as explained before - is that I can’t use the OpenUV binding.

Have you any idea about how to approach this problem?

Hi, is it maybe a location issue (invalid format) ? Have you try this : “47.982866,7.439998,304” -> “47.982866,7.439998304” ?

PS : i’m wrong ! your location format seems valid (,304 value must be your altitude)… sorry :slight_smile:

Hi everybody,
I write to say that some days ago this binding has started to work properly in my Openhab 2.4 system. I don’t know exactly why or how, but while I was trying - not sure which step I was taking in that moment - to solve another problem with the weather binding (I was following following this post [SOLVED] Weather Binding / Broken and I don’t remember I have done anything special: I think I stopped the Openhab service, I erased tmp and cache folders, I erased one weather binding configuration file and then I started the Openhab service again) I saw that OpenUV things where on line, I opened my openuv dedicated log file and I found some data inside and apparently no errors, then I looked to the item statuses and realistic UV data were there.

So, I don’t know why but now this binding is working for me too.
Thanks to everybody tried to help me with this problem.

Marco