openHAB 2.3 has been released!

Problem 1) was solved changes in addson.config were required. Still struggling with other problems.

3 is a change introduced in 2.3. it’s just a warning, not an error. It means that is you have null on either side of an equals or not equals operator you need to use an extra = (i.e. === instead of == and !== Instead of !=). The errors tell you exactly what line numbers in your. Rules files need the change.

The explanation is technical for why. If you are curious, search the forum and Google for equivalence versus identity.

2 looks like a permission problem. Double check that the openhab user is still a member of the groups necessary to read/write to the I2C device. Have you tried a reboot if the server? I don’t use this binding so won’t be if much further use helping with this problem.

1 shouldn’t of happened. I do know that users who make larger leaps in versions (e.g 2.1 to 2.3, 2.0 to 2.2, etc) tend to face more problems like theses than others. The maintainer’s and testers do a pretty good job of testing but rarely have environments where they are upgrading from more than the previous version so it makes sense that more problems like theses sneak by.

1 Like

I’ve perform upgrade once again, previously I’ve used “sudo apt-get upgrade” instead of openhabian-config.

Now I used openhabian-config but after upgrade process when I start openhab using:
/etc/init.d/openhab2 start

it seems nothing happen, log files are empty and I web interface does not work :frowning:

drwxrwxr-x+ 3 openhab openhab 4096 Aug 11 19:37 .
drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 4096 Aug 11 19:21 …
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 0 Aug 11 19:37 audit.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 0 Aug 11 19:37 events.log
drwxrwxr-x+ 2 openhabian openhabian 4096 Aug 11 19:05 OLD_LOG
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 0 Aug 11 19:37 openhab.log

openHABian is based on Jessie, I think there is not an init.d anymore.
Start openHAB the recommended way:

sudo systemctl start openhab2.service

Well, maybe I wrote not enough precise. It starts a process and create log files but I cannot acess UI :frowning:

[20:04:30] openhabian@openHABianPi:/var/log/openhab2$ ps -ef |grep java
openhab 4335 1 49 20:04 ? 00:00:25 /usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab2 -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dopenhab.logdir=/var/log/openhab2 -Dfelix.cm.dir=/var/lib/openhab2/config -Djetty.host=0.0.0.0 -Djetty.http.compliance=RFC2616 -Dorg.ops4j.pax.web.listening.addresses=0.0.0.0 -Dorg.osgi.service.http.port=8080 -Dorg.osgi.service.http.port.secure=8443 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/endorsed:/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/lib/endorsed:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/endorsed -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/jre/lib/ext:/usr/lib/jvm/zulu-embedded-8-armhf/lib/ext:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/ext -Dkaraf.instances=/var/lib/openhab2/tmp/instances -Dkaraf.home=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dkaraf.base=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dkaraf.data=/var/lib/openhab2 -Dkaraf.etc=/var/lib/openhab2/etc -Dkaraf.logs=/var/log/openhab2 -Dkaraf.restart.jvm.supported=true -Djava.io.tmpdir=/var/lib/openhab2/tmp -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/var/lib/openhab2/etc/java.util.logging.properties -Dkaraf.startLocalConsole=false -Dkaraf.startRemoteShell=true -classpath /usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.diagnostic.boot-4.1.5.jar:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.jaas.boot-4.1.5.jar:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.apache.karaf.main-4.1.5.jar:/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/lib/boot/org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar org.apache.karaf.main.Main
openhab+ 4512 1767 0 20:04 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto java

and

[20:07:59] openhabian@openHABianPi:/var/log/openhab2$ sudo systemctl status openhab2.service
● openhab2.service - openHAB 2 - empowering the smart home
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/openhab2.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sat 2018-08-11 20:04:06 CEST; 4min 38s ago
Docs: Introduction | openHAB
https://community.openhab.org
Process: 4166 ExecStop=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime/bin/karaf stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 4335 (java)
CGroup: /system.slice/openhab2.service
└─4335 /usr/bin/java -Dopenhab.home=/usr/share/openhab2 -Dopenhab.conf=/etc/openhab2 -Dopenhab.runtime=/usr/share/openhab2/runtime -Dopenhab.userdata=/var…

Your Java version Zulu 8 looks okay, did you restart the server?
No other ideas, though, never seen that error …

This may help:

1 Like

Last idea:

1 Like

I’ve tried, does not help. Probably I will try to restore my old system and upgrade once again.
I think it is related to permission rights. When I upgraded using “apt-get upgrade” server started but I had different problem.

Michal

Well…after 10mins it started :slight_smile: Thank you.

1 Like

after Update my Influx DB Service must be reinstalled, does that mean I also have to reconfigure everything?? I also noticed every Thing is rediscovered, so now I have every thing 2 times… even Astro moon data and Astro sun data is lsited twice o0

As long as everything is configured the same you shouldn’t have to make any changes to OH’s config.

Do all the Things appear in your Inbox again or are they listed twice under Things in PaperUI twice even without your accepting them from the Inbox?

Everything is configured the same.

The things popped up in Inbox and after accepting they are listed twice…should I delete the doubles?

Do both Things work? Or does only one of them work? Are the IDs different?

both work, but htey are named differently…

But I´m having more troubles with my persistence, grafana does not show new entries so sth. must be wrong here…

edit: no wait, some items still write into database, need to check the other ones…

OK, if the IDs are different then there really are two Things. I’ve not seen anyone else report an issue like this so I’ve absolutely no clue how or why it happened. But all I can recommend is to delete the Things, or if you happen to have a backup of your old OH config restore that.

I tried to update from openhab 2.2 to 2.3.
Epic fail.
No ui’s - no Paper UI, No Hab Panels.
I checked the status of openhab - it said that it was running.
I tried shutting down and restarting openhabian twice, but no change. Nothing working.

Loaded my 2.2 image.
Everything working again.

Is there any documentation on the openhabian config panel.
The first option is supposedly redundant because the config tool now updates itself when you open the application, so why is there still an update option.
I had an option to update to a stable 2 version, but there was no stable 2.3 as in the upgrade instructions.
What other options in the config panel should I also run?
Is there any documentation on the openhabian config panel.

Kindest Regards

Mark

I’m going to recommend starting a new thread and be sure to tag is as openHABian as this is really an openHABian question.

It is important to remember that openHABian is not the same as openHAB itself.

The fun thing is that my RSS reader actually told me today that openHAB 2.3 was released (guess @Kai did something with his blog to make that old post turn up as new) and then when I checked the forum this thread turn up at the top. Got me kinda confused for a second :smile:

1 Like