openHAB 2.3 Release Candidate available!

Karaf command for listing items seems to be giving a bad response:

openhab> smarthome:items list
No item found for this pattern.

But there’s no pattern provided, so it should just list them all. Since I have no items defined, I’d expect it to say “No items defined” or something similar…

That’s no regression and nothing critical, is it? Feel free to create a PR at ESH to reformulate the message, but it is imho not relevant for the release.

the workaround seems not working for me, the item is created but afterwards i can’t select it form the list to link, because it is not in the list
Also tried to reload paperUI, used incognito mode so the browser can’t access any cached files and restarting openHAB, the result is the always the same, the created item is not in the list and therefore can’t be linked

We actually do not have to - this bug has been fixed yesterday and the fix will be included in the final release.

1 Like

No, I really shouldn’t have mentioned it here.

Done.

during this weekend I tested the release candidate.

for some reason, yesterday it was working more or less but not today.

during the startup I get the exception

Mai 28 08:48:00 knx openhab[14437]: Exception in thread "upnp-async-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
Mai 28 08:48:00 knx openhab[14437]:         at     org.jupnp.protocol.RetrieveRemoteDescriptors.describe(RetrieveRemoteDescriptors.java:138)
Mai 28 08:48:00 knx openhab[14437]:         at org.jupnp.protocol.RetrieveRemoteDescriptors.run(RetrieveRemoteDescriptors.java:106)
Mai 28 08:48:00 knx openhab[14437]:         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
Mai 28 08:48:00 knx openhab[14437]:         at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
Mai 28 08:48:00 knx openhab[14437]:         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

after that the system is shutting down itself as when I typed in “shutdown” manually.

Another thing I realize. In 50% of my cases the rules are fired before the items are initialized or all persistence services are loaded. This is filling my logs with hundred of error messages.

Why not waiting with until the whole system is initialized properly before executing the rules.

in this case I get errors like

Rule 'Check Roommessages': The name 'Sensor_Doors_FF' cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 10, column 22, length 15

or

Could not update element with key astro:sun:local in ManagedThingProvider, because it does not exists.

or

Could not transform 'NULL' with the file 'de.map' : Target value not found in map for 'NULL'

or

There is no queryable persistence service registered with the id 'mapdb'

this are just examples. I got a lot more.

so for now I will go back to version 2.1.0 which was the last working version for me. :disappointed_relieved:

I’m still trying to get it working :slight_smile:

I was able to enclose it a little bit. More details can be found here.