openHAB Milestone builds

My eye fell on this … does this mean there is now a method to access target runtime from rules? Or perhaps just a step towards?
cc @rlkoshak

What you have missed to see is this one:

You can find the discussion on why this has been reverted here.

Thankyou - I did miss that - Github is a rabbit warren. I shall remain living in hope :slight_smile:

Whoops, I hadn’t added back the build steps after we got the packages signed with ci.openhab.org.

Added all steps back, re-triggered it successfully and the packages will be available in a couple of minutes when Bintray has had the chance to calculate it’s metadata.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be possible to resubmit the PR and just exclude the Joda Time replacement code (i.e. refocus the PR to just add the getScheduledFireTime method)?

added this to the FAQ that I made (I hope the info are correct there :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Where should problems with the Milestone Build be reported? Even after several retries I get some Exceptions on startup.

[Edit]
Sorry, found it in the FAQ, I will open a new posting

1 Like

Hi

Is the RSS feed still live?

I tried to add it today but the binding’s thing says there is a communication error.

Server change… try https://ci.openhab.org/job/openhab2-release/rssAll.

1 Like

Thanks for that Scott :slight_smile:

Are there any other feeds, other than the rssAll one?

No way for easy upgrade milestones with scripts on windows platform?

I am not aware of ANY script for easy upgrade on windows platform.

There is one for the released builds… in powershell - works fine :slight_smile:

Ok, good to know, thank you for that hint!
However, as I am updating all couple of weeks to some new Snapshot build the scripts for the released builds probably won’t help me.

habe M6 running since a week incl z-wave, which recognized all the devices and is stable.

I‘m runnung 2 instances
a) on a Pi
b) Mac Dev system for the TelekomTV, WhatsApp and Rachio sprinkler binding.

So far everThing looks fine, good job :clap:

I’d like to say thank you: compared to v2.3, now v2.4 (build 1443) seems to have faster response times at least for controlling Zigbee lights, etc. :slight_smile: (Openhabian on the Raspberry Pi 3)

1 Like

Thanks for all the hard work.

All, the countdown for the 2.4 release starts, we are planning the release for December 17!
I will therefore increase the frequency for the milestone builds to about once a week - 2.4.0.M7 has just been published!

Here’s the changelog:

Eclipse SmartHome:

1. Fix Homie trigger channels (fixes #6497) (#6529) (detail / githubweb)
  2. RuleActions via ActionProvider with annotations (#6398) (detail / githubweb)
  3. don’t show errors if not active anymore (#6543) (detail / githubweb)
  4. Support system trigger channels in Homie (closes #6542) (#6552) (detail / githubweb)
  5. add missing license header to homematic test files (#6554) (detail / githubweb)
  6. Fixed handling of state updates in system profiles (#6527) (detail / githubweb)
  7. [homematic] bugfix in QuantityType (#6561) (detail / githubweb)
  8. Remove automation.thingsupport dependency from magic bundle (#6558) (detail / githubweb)
  9. Fix PaperUI item selection (#6562) (detail / githubweb)
  10. blukii: split handler and data decoding (#6540) (detail / githubweb)
  11. presence default icon were falselly presenting true value. Changed to (detail / githubweb)
  12. blukii: fix temperature decoding (#6564) (detail / githubweb)
  13. [homematic] Prevent NPE in QuantityTypeConverter for unitless datapoints (detail / githubweb)
  14. [uom] Add Miligram per Cubic Metre unit (#6563) (detail / githubweb)
  15. [BoseSoundTouch] Implement Stereo Pair handling (#6555) (detail / githubweb)
  16. #6577 Fix NPE in ThingManager.setEnabled() (#6578) (detail / githubweb)
  17. [Hue] Do not switch the lights on, if the color temperature is changed (detail / githubweb)
  18. prevent NPE if xy field is null (#6566) (detail / githubweb)
  19. [uom] Add Microwatt per Square Centimetre unit (#6575) (detail / githubweb)
  20. [LIFX] Fix IAE whenever light returns color temperature outside valid (detail / githubweb)
  21. Extract ItemBuilderFactory from ItemRegistry (#6556) (detail / githubweb)
  22. updated Paho client to 1.2.0 (#6582) (detail / githubweb)
  23. Made storage in OAuth2 required. (#6546) (detail / githubweb)
  24. Implement a meteoblue weather binding. (#4821) (detail / githubweb)
  25. [DMX] new feature: dynamic turn-on value (#6395) (detail / githubweb)
  26. used the shared threadpool for the shared client (#6588) (detail / githubweb)
  27. Added PlayerItem profile for system raw rocker channels. (#6591) (detail / githubweb)
  28. MQTT Action and some MQTT Things fixes (#6579) (detail / githubweb)
  29. Add EntryControl thing category (#4911) (detail / githubweb)
  30. harden the open / close handling (#6593) (detail / githubweb)
  31. Readme: Add bridge definition to example (#6594) (detail / githubweb)
  32. removed source artifact of paho (#6597) (detail / githubweb)
  33. Feature time of day condition #6465 (#6530) (detail / githubweb)
  34. fix comment (copy ‘n’ paste error) (#6603) (detail / githubweb)

openhab-core:

1. Do not install node in target directory to make sure we do not package (detail / githubweb)
  2. fixed version of Guava to use to 18.0 (#435) (detail / githubweb)
  3. leave non-numeric qualifiers in place for version (#439) (detail / githubweb)

openhab1-addons:

1. [Pushbullet] Update pushbullet.cfg with (#5711) (detail / githubweb)
  2. [Pushbullet] Update README.md with configuration parameters (#5709) (detail / githubweb)
  3. Corrected project config for mysql related to #5699 (#5714) (detail / githubweb)
  4. Correct PROWL configuration info (detail / githubweb)
  5. Add configuration details (detail / githubweb)
  6. move EnOcean 1.x binding to legacy addons (#5719) (detail / githubweb)
  7. Update README.md (#5720) (detail / githubweb)

openhab2-addons:

1. [Seneye] Add disconnected, slideserial, outofwater, wrongslide channels (detail / githubweb)
  2. [seneye] Made constants and handler packages internal (#4017) (detail / githubweb)
  3. fixed channel base#10012 (#4252) (detail / githubweb)
  4. properly handle the deactive of the handler factory to call the (detail / githubweb)
  5. Discovery package timeout gets more time and clear cache before (detail / githubweb)
  6. [onkyo] Add volume scaling variants (#4223) (detail / githubweb)
  7. [konnected] fixed link in docs and put it in-line (#4267) (detail / githubweb)
  8. [MiHome] fix #4190 && fix #4191 (#4268) (detail / githubweb)
  9. [knx] update README.md (#4229) (detail / githubweb)
  10. Ignore known gateway properties (#4269) (detail / githubweb)
  11. [ValloxMV] Switched to shared instance of WebSocketClient (#4239) (detail / githubweb)
  12. Update create_openhab_binding_skeleton.cmd (#4283) (detail / githubweb)
  13. Add missing serial transports to lutron and pioneeravr binding features (detail / githubweb)
  14. HueEmulation IO binding: Support Coloured bulbs (#4216) (detail / githubweb)
  15. Implement an OH2 EnOcean binding (Closes #2261) (#3826) (detail / githubweb)
  16. [Konnected]- Updates, Tweaks, add retry count and request timeout (detail / githubweb)
  17. Deconz/Raspbee binding (#4213) (detail / githubweb)
  18. Fixed example in README as INCREASE and DECREASE are no valid commands (detail / githubweb)
  19. [DSMR] Improved reporting about configuration issues. (#4291) (detail / githubweb)
  20. [OpenUV] Give a little more time to API timeout. (#4290) (detail / githubweb)
  21. [Netatmo] Added NPE safe-guard (#4266) (detail / githubweb)
  22. [GoogleTTS] Remove native dependencies (#4221) (detail / githubweb)
  23. [MiHome] added another model type for new Aquara switch (#4279) (detail / githubweb)
  24. Synchronize on squeezeBoxPlayerListeners (#4294) (detail / githubweb)
  25. [MiHome] Update .things, .items and .rules examples. (#4284) (detail / githubweb)
  26. [KNX] replace spaces in GA config string (#4298) (detail / githubweb)
  27. Initial contribution of evohome binding (#2342) (detail / githubweb)
  28. [MiHome] add basic thing type for yet unsupported models (#4295) (detail / githubweb)
  29. [MiHome] add model remote.b286acn01 (#4300) (detail / githubweb)

Z-Wave:

1. Database update (#1067) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Database update (#1069) (detail / githubweb)
  3. Fix some incorrect channel categories (closes #1068) (#1070) (detail / githubweb)
  4. Minor formatting updates to scheduler class (#1073) (detail / githubweb)
  5. Implemented CLOCK/CLOCK_GET (#1074) (detail / githubweb)

ZigBee:

1. add a note about zigbee 3 support (#308) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Add ability to add endpoints and clusters to a device via the XML (#260) (detail / githubweb)
  3. Osgified the mechanism of making channel converters available to the … (detail / githubweb)
  4. Add support for Xiaomi Aqara Sensor HT via static thing definition XML (detail / githubweb)

From now on, the focus will be on bug fixing, no bigger changes / refactorings will be done anymore until the release. If you find critical issues that need to be fixed before the release, please use the according issue trackers and ping the relevant maintainers!

Cheers,
Kai

19 Likes

New Testing Results & FAQ thread for 2.4.0.M7 here:

hi Kai, what if the original maintainer seems to have left the building?