openHAB Milestone builds

@David_Graeff my values of my MQTT items suddenly seem to be divided by 10 is this part of some api change? Or do you need more information?

Also my time-of-day rule has some regression problems (since a few weeks), it reports day but it is seriously dark out here, there also moments where it worked, but it used to be more accurate. Did you, @rlkoshak already test and notice this as wel

My fault. The different types of channels were not tested and I made a commit where I removed custom parsing code and replaced it with the TypeParser class (to allow INCREASE on a number channel for example). The number and color channels broke.

There is a hot fix already merged by Kai and a proper fix commit with tests on its way.

3 Likes

After upgrading to 2.4 M8 I receive a lot of Errors in Paper UI: 503 Jersey is not ready yet!

I tried clearing browser cache, different browser and openhab restart.

Never had those Problems with 2.3

I have also upgraded but how can you know that you are currently in m8 ?
my build number is 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1458.

i do not see a place to validate what is my current milestone

i can not find any indications on the build number in https://ci.openhab.org/job/openhab2-release/64/

I have not noticed anything. Look at the Astro binding. You should see around midnight in openhab.log some statements from the Astro binding saying it is calculating the times for the new day. If you don’t see those it means that your Astro Items are not updated and the Astro events are not occurring.

It might be related to the issue reported at: Design Pattern: Time Of Day

This evening it worked fine again.

It sounds like it but if it is that means this is a problem that has reappeared as for while the problem seemed to be fixed.

I just updated my main system, 2.3 stable to Milestone M8… Ofcouse I ran into several problems. But one I noticed in the start is this one:

2018-12-12 22:23:46.084 [WARN ] [e.jetty.util.thread.ThreadPoolBudget] - Low configured threads: (max=8 - required=1)=7 < warnAt=8 for QueuedThreadPool[ServletModel-18]@356cb0{STARTING,8<=0<=8,i=0,q=0}[ReservedThreadExecutor@ee83f5{s=0/1,p=0}]

Any ideas what this is… I know it´s a warning, but I guess it might be worth looking at anyway??

Second… I get tons of errors about modules not beeing loaded… I suspect this is due to having several manual installed bindings in my addons folder… Should I get rid of them, or??

It doesnt seem like the very old modbus binding is working anymore… Now what? Stuggel getting the new V2 to work, or?

Except for that, all my zigbee and zwaves are down. But that was suspected in some way, at least for the zwave devices.

If you have these manually installed, you’ll need to reinstall the openhab-transport-serial every time you upgrade OH. Or, you can install the Serial binding and just leave it unconfigured.

Whats the serial binding?

Ahh serial binding is the one which is in PaperUI Add-Ons??

Thats odd…

I just installed the Zigbee binding from within PaperUI (2.4.0.M8). And now all my z-wave devices came online…
But my Zigbee devices is off with this error: UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_MISSING_ERROR

2018-12-12 22:49:55.753 [WARN ] [mmon.WrappedScheduledExecutorService] - Scheduled runnable ended with an exception: 
java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name "com/zsmartsystems/zigbee/transport/ZigBeeTransportTransmit"
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.defineClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:276) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:655) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:578) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:538) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:525) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:328) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:368) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.sources.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:36) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:430) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:395) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:?]
	at org.openhab.binding.zigbee.ember.internal.EmberHandlerFactory.createHandler(EmberHandlerFactory.java:57) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.BaseThingHandlerFactory.registerHandler(BaseThingHandlerFactory.java:128) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.doRegisterHandler(ThingManagerImpl.java:600) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.registerHandler(ThingManagerImpl.java:577) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.registerAndInitializeHandler(ThingManagerImpl.java:1073) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.lambda$10(ThingManagerImpl.java:1056) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:891) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:404) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.lambda$9(ThingManagerImpl.java:1053) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.Spliterators$ArraySpliterator.forEachRemaining(Spliterators.java:948) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.handleThingHandlerFactoryAddition(ThingManagerImpl.java:1052) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl.onReadyMarkerAdded(ThingManagerImpl.java:1040) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.service.ReadyServiceImpl.lambda$0(ReadyServiceImpl.java:53) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.accept(ForEachOps.java:184) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:193) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$2$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:175) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.HashMap$EntrySpliterator.forEachRemaining(HashMap.java:1696) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:151) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ForEachOps$ForEachOp$OfRef.evaluateSequential(ForEachOps.java:174) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.forEach(ReferencePipeline.java:418) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.service.ReadyServiceImpl.notifyTrackers(ReadyServiceImpl.java:80) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.service.ReadyServiceImpl.markReady(ReadyServiceImpl.java:53) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.registerReadyMarker(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:428) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.finishBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:374) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.processBundle(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:397) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker.access$6(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:389) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.config.xml.osgi.XmlDocumentBundleTracker$2.run(XmlDocumentBundleTracker.java:359) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) ~[?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
2018-12-12 22:49:55.854 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-binding-modbus1': Error restarting bundles:
	Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.zwave [270]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; osgi.identity="org.openhab.binding.zwave"; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.4.0.201808210909"; singleton:="true"

And cant install the zwave binding from PaperUI

Correct

Installing Zigbee installed the serial transpoirt

You must delete the jars in /addons for bindings you want to install through Paper UI. You now have two Zwave bindings installed. Best to discuss further in another topic. :wink:

Dont know what I should name such a thread… 5iver´s and Kim´s :rofl:

Iupgraded from 2.3 to 2.4M7 and then M8 - so far so good. After re-creating the ZWave things all of my things get ONLINE.

However, I see the following “never seen” problems

• when editing things in Paper UI I also see the described 503 error as well as 403 Conflict when trying to change the Location value
  • When I try to edit an item (PaperUI->Conf->Items) I get into “Configuration chevron_right New Item” and PaperUI shows details for a different item rather then details for the selected item to edit
  • The latest build of the Pentair bundle is not able to update channels of StringType if the channel/item link is created manually. If the link is created using simple mode then the channel gets updated and you see the value in PaperUI->Control. I could reproduce this problem on 2 different systems. I already did a lot of debugging and verified the binding xml+code, but we couldn’t find a bug

Any idea how to solve the PaperUI issues? esp. “item list in HABpanel is incomplete” creates a hurdle, because I don’t want to change my rules by re-creating the thing in simple mode.

I oberseved that my monitoring for openhab/zwave fails sporadically. This monitoring poll the rest API and checks the status of the zwave devices. So it looks like there is a problem with the rest api, which whould also explain why habmin is not working. I think this is a major problem, should we file a bug report some where @Kai?

Hi all,

I have a serious problem with the last milestone build M8. I described the problem in detail here [OH2.4.0.M#] Milestone Testing Summary but maybe its better placed here. Yesterday evening I made another try with the same result. All bindings came up and lots of events are fired. But all of a sudden after some minutes to half an hour all events stop, no rules fire, nothing. Without any error message in neither log.
This is really weired. Any ideas?

Yesterday I upgraded from 2.3 to M8 Milestone. Since then my sonos devices are offline seeing exactly the same error as reported above with not enough threads but this time as an error and there if seems upnp is failing. I have reported the problem here:

Please have a look I would really appreciate a solution cause uninstalling/reinstalling binding doesn’t work and the sonos binding is actually v2.4.0 binding which is failing.

Thanks a lot on any help getting the sonos binding to work.

Sounds like a dead lock. Do you have rules with locks? Likely all the threads running rules are blocked and that’s why you see nothing so it’s not really weird. You could use jstack or jconsole to check what those threads are doing.

I will look into it. My rules are straight forward with nor locks neither sleeps.
I will first make my migration once again an will deploy one binding after the other, starting with homematic. Maybe I will find the reason for the culprit. Anyway I decided to switch mysonsors binding to mqtt as I use mqtt for other things. A good way to keep the setup simple. I will report my findings.