openHAB Milestone builds

Search function?

1 Like

Sorry!

I do not use the Sonos binding so I skipped this report.

1 Like

2.4.0RC1 is out.
Does that still count as a milestone ? At least I noticed it appeared in the ‘testing’ repo.

Yes, this qualifies as a milestone - the “RC” label simply shows that it is planned to be the last one before the release.

Ahm, I just updated from M8 to RC1 and hell broke loose. Feature install failed completely and some errors on Smarthome binding some error about ‘sse’ . We might want to check if this a problem for major release. Will post all the errors once I’m back home. Sonos upnp issue seems to be fixed but now new errors popping up there as well.

@marcelser Please report in this thread. I doubt that there’s an issue between M8 and RC1, it sounds more like some temporary problem, which might be resolved after a simple restart.

Here is the changelog for RC1 (in comparison to M8):

Eclipse SmartHome:

1. Catch EOFException on creating chart images. (#6656) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Thing manager persist status of unknown things (#6604) (detail / githubweb)
  3. removed outdated json dependencies (#6661) (detail / githubweb)
  4. Fix #6662 (#6663) (detail / githubweb)
  5. MQTT: Add MQTT receive tests for all channel types (#6664) (detail / githubweb)
  6. blukii data decoding: add checks for valid data (#6665) (detail / githubweb)
  7. MQTT: thing-type xml, add channels to extensible (#6666) (detail / githubweb)
  8. added script support for MQTT actions (#6660) (detail / githubweb)
  9. Console: do not store enabled status for unkown thing (#6659) (detail / githubweb)
  10. [UoM] Added millibar unit to the Docs (#6671) (detail / githubweb)
  11. Upgraded to JUPnP 2.5.1 (#6673) (detail / githubweb)
  12. MQTT: Color channel can receive a single brightness value + HA (detail / githubweb)
  13. Connection handling improvements and volume range fixes (#6677) (detail / githubweb)

openHAB Core:

1. New Crowdin translations (#443) (detail / githubweb)

openHAB 2 Add-ons:

1. [plclogo] Fix compiler warnings. (fixes #4335) (#4345) (detail / githubweb)
  2. [GroheOndus] Add support for GROHE SENSE device (#3902) (detail / githubweb)
  3. [miio] add new devices (#4338) (detail / githubweb)
  4. [max] Add description of the duty cycle value (#4346) (detail / githubweb)
  5. Updated / edit some missing or otherwise distinct copyright headers (detail / githubweb)
  6. Update README.md (#4353) (detail / githubweb)
  7. [KNX] KNX_IO_removedCheckChangedValue_enhanced_4352_from_Kai (#4357) (detail / githubweb)
  8. Deconz: Use connected flag instead of client.isRunning() (#4359) (detail / githubweb)
  9. [Konnected]- bugfix fix configuation check to properly pull the (detail / githubweb)
  10. Location accuracy threshold for distance channels (#4364) (detail / githubweb)
  11. [deconz] Remove results field from ThingDiscoveryService to fix OOM (detail / githubweb)
  12. [pulseaudio] Fix SAT findings and a few code improvements (#4363) (detail / githubweb)
  13. [KNX] Extend *-control channels v3 (#4369) (detail / githubweb)
  14. [jeelink] add reconnect interval (#4323) (detail / githubweb)

Zigbee Binding:

1. Small refactorings of the switch-level converter (#333) (detail / githubweb)

HABPanel:

1. Use strict comparator for current selection widget choice (#336) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Button: apply format & transformation on state value (#337) (detail / githubweb)
  3. Button widget icon follows underlying item state (#338) (detail / githubweb)

HABot:

1. Update GitHub repo (#30) (detail / githubweb)

openHAB Distro:

1. Delete tycho versions workdir after custom build (#826) (detail / githubweb)
  2. Updates to powershell scripts (fixes, added logic, etc) (#809) (detail / githubweb)
2 Likes

you’re right. after 2 restarts most problems are resolved. The remaining stuff I will check and if necessary post in testing thread.

Updated to RC1. Still no problems. Would consider this as closed.

Is the Docker Image already out? I cant find a 2.4 RC1 Tag.

It’s waiting for approval by @cniweb in

Does stable releases will be released in the testing repo (like after RC1)?
I have switched to the testing repo because I had a few bugs in the beginning, now most of them are solved and I don’t want to mess with non-stable releases. How should I switch back?
Switch back to the stable release and do an upgrade when 2.4 is out?

Thanks!

Using ThingAction to get the online/offline status of a Thing seems to be broken in RC1. Or perhaps the syntax has changed?

The following line:

var status = ThingAction.getThingStatusInfo("zwave:serial_zstick:zstick").getStatus()

Was working fine until I upgraded to RC1 this morning. Now I get:

2018-12-16 14:01:40.003 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule 'Hourly check of critical items': The name 'ThingAction' cannot be resolved to an item or type; line 52, column 16, length 11

Would be grateful for any help anyone can give with this.

thanks

Dan

Afaik, you do not need to put ThingAction. in front - it should work without it. Could you try?

2 Likes

that works perfectly - thank you.

I upgraded to 2.4 M5 a while ago. Just now I try to upgrade to RC1, but I got this error:

Ign:6 https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing InRelease
Get:7 https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing Release [6,053 B]
Hit:7 https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing Release
Ign:8 https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing Release.gpg
Reading package lists... Done
W: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing Release' is not signed.
N: Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Does anyone know what could have caused this? It was just fine couple weeks ago.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t know the root cause, but I was getting an error just now on my Pi when I tried to upgrade.

E: The repository 'https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing Release' is no longer signed.

If it helps anyone, I cleared the error by clearing the apt cache and regenerating it.

sudo apt-get clean
sudo mv /var/lib/apt/lists /tmp
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/lists/partial
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update

I now get a warning, but at least I could update openHAB.

W: The repository ‘https://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 testing Release’ is not signed.

Regards,
Burzin

This might be related to the fact that I had to remove some older versions (such as 2.3.0.RC1) from the apt repo to make some space for the 2.4 release. @Benjy I assume that might have broken the signature of the repo - how to bring it back? Will it automatically be properly signed again upon the next milestone publication?

The warning shouldn’t appear anymore, the repos have been re-signed.

Hi,

for me the Harmony binding stopped to work after update today.
have deleted the binding and things + fresh install and discover but no success :frowning:
Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR Could not connect: Failed communicating with Harmony Hub
anyone else has the same issue ?
Thanks
Thomas