OpenHab 3.0.0 and Enocean Binding ignoring sender id

Caution: if you have actor B in learning mode while switching A, B is taught in to “follow” A if A sends ack telegrams. This happens on Enocean-level without any influence of OH.

Also what surprises me is that you have probably manually set the complete baseID of your Encocean-Gateway to all “0”. Not sure if that is a permitted value and perhaps that is the root-cause of your problems.
I have mine only set to “0” in the last byte, so that the added senderid is easier spotable in the logs.
Find some explanation of chip-id / base-id here : https://www.enocean.com/en/support/knowledge-base/knowledge-base-doku/enoceansystemspecification:issue:what_is_a_base_id/

Hi Markus,

did you managed to get it up und running?
I´m thinking about migrating away from FHEM to OpenHab (3),
mostly using enocean devices with the enoceanPi.
Thats why i´m asking :slight_smile:

best regards
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I use an Enocean Pi with OH3 and Enocean (Eltako) devices.
Everything is working fine.

BR
Dirk

Hi Dirk,
many thanks,
that was the trigger needed, to buy a pi4 and start with OH :smiley:

best regards from Mosel
Stefan

Hi Stefan,

as long as you have not the types of receivers I have it seems working fine. My setup is defently not working and I stopped trying it after 80h of work.

BR

ok, thats bad

i just ordered a new USB300, to get a smoove migration done
the enoceanpi will stay in the fhem PI until i will shut down

i used most the 210er eltako and some permundo smartplugs
and some nodon switches
it´s just perfect not having to change batteries , using to switch my lights and sonos with favourite sources etc.

No worries Stefan, USB300 is pretty straightforward. I also use Permundos, NodONs and Eltako devices (wireless and 14-series) without any problem.

The only thing you’d need to consider is if you start with the OOTB baseid of the USB300. If so, you’ll need to teach in all actuators to that ID as well.
If you set the ID the same as the existing EnoceanPI, you do not need to do that. But you’d need to be careful while testing because both EnoceanPI and USB300 will look the same if you look into logs. (or you shut down FHEM while testing with OH.)

Hi Markus,
thats a good remark!
but after thinking about it, i prefer a complete new install, so i´m able to take over device by device and use both worlds until the end of fhem :slight_smile:

best regards
STefan

Hi short update. After deep frustration I went over to FHEM and gave the configuration a try. And to be fair after 20 mins I got everthing working. Motivated I wanted to see where my error was in my openhab configuration and it was easily discovered.

To get my enocean pi working I had to put the option “Gateway Connected Directly to RS485 BUS” to true.
If you do that your gateway will overide the baseid with 0000000.
Since the senderIDs are determined by baseid plus 1 (in HEX) it was sending with 00000001 which is from the logic point correct. In the enocean PI all senderids are configured from the real baseID.
After setting the value Use following BaseId when connected directly to RS485 BUS to baseID determined in FHEM openhab was also working. And know I can control all actuators independently.

Fun fact with this configuration the auto detect does not work any more ^^