openHAB 3.0.0.M1 Eurotronic Spirit Zwave LCD display timeout cannot be set to 0

Sorry - I don’t see any ticket for this though? Do you have an account?

should be there with username rogierhofboer
I got a notice about the ticket. But no email, if I try to login,it shows the login screen again (without any error)

There is no ticket hat has been opened, so I don’t think you’ve opened one? Anyway, it doesn’t matter, I’ll have a look to see if I can find your account.

If I use a wrong password I get an error, so the account is there…somewhere…

Also I had a better look at the new openHAB 3 admin UI.
The validation errors I am getting are coming from vue.

The integer parameter editor is implemented by the vue f7-list-input and min and max are configured
https://framework7.io/vue/inputs.html

In the code there is nothing done to also allow the option values as input.
I am new to openHAB and also have no previous vue experience, but I will try to have a look at it :slight_smile:

As for the database… I am now sure it should stay as is…
so:

<parameter name="config_2_1" type="integer" groupName="configuration"
                 min="5" max="30">
        <label>2: LCD Timeout</label>
        <description><![CDATA[
LCD Timeout<br /><h1>Overview</h1><p>0: No Timeout LCD always on</p> <p>5-30: LCD will turn off after 5 to 30 seconds</p>
        ]]></description>
        <default>0</default>
        <options>
          <option value="0">No Timeout LCD always on</option>
        </options>
        <limitToOptions>false</limitToOptions>
      </parameter>

and

<parameter name="config_8_1" type="integer" groupName="configuration"
                 min="-50" max="50">
        <label>8: Temperature Offset</label>
        <description><![CDATA[
Measured temperature offset<br /><h1>Overview</h1><p>-50 ... +50: Offsets the measured temp by -5,0°C ... +5,0°C</p> <p>128: External temp sensor will be used for regulation.</p>
        ]]></description>
        <default>0</default>
        <options>
          <option value="128">Use ext. temp. sensor</option>
        </options>
        <limitToOptions>false</limitToOptions>
      </parameter>

Just the UI should be made more intelligent :wink:

@chris I still get the login screen back after login and no extra options.
And shouldn’t the config details at least be visible without login?

Also I cannot create any more replies for today as new user (I think to prevent spam-bots).
But the account issue should maybe be discussed in a different topic or via PM ?

I updated your access already a while ago so there should be no problem and no need to open the ticket now.

That was false on both the parameters I modified.

It has now been changed so I think it will be unusable. If you didn’t change it, it might mean there’s a bug in the database editor, although I’ve not noticed it before…

1 Like

Yesterday we concluded this is a UI bug.

I should be possible to have a range e.g. -50 to +50 and options which can be outside of that range e.g. 128

The current UI uses a vue f7-list-input control and uses its built-in validation by setting the min and max of the control. It does not take into account all options values are also valid inputs (even if outside of the range). This cannot be done by the built-in validation of the f7 framework and a custom validator should be made.

I’ve created an issue for this bug.

It is somewhat related to issue https://github.com/openhab/openhab-webui/issues/357 but this is a different situation, so after first asking for reopening the issue, I’ve now decided to create new one.